So I’m looking to gauge the interest out there of an idea of mine. The idea is this:
Cabling kits which have different lengths of cables with connectors on each end. Most would be male on one side, female on the other. But there will be a few small pieces that can link a male to male or female to a female. The idea is to eliminate the need of soldering, making it easier and 1 less tool need to build your own board.
An example kit could be:
- 6x 1 foot long cables (male on one side, female on other)
- 6x 6 inches long cables (male on one side, female on other)
- 6x 3 inches long cables (male on one side, female on other)
- 3x male to male convertor
- 3x female to female convertor
You could “daisy chain” cables together to achieve whatever length you need. You would not need to solder anything, thus making soldering an unnecessary skill to build your own electric skateboard.
What is the markets opinion of this? Would you buy a kit like this? If the desire is there, Ii will begin producing said kits for sale soon.