Leif board V2 replacement motor?

Hi guys. I bought a second hand leifboard v2 and one of the motors appear to be busted. It stutters and seems to have much higher friction when first applying power.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement?

1 Like

First check the phase wires for any problems. A loose phase wire can mimic issues like this.

are you talking about Leiftech v2, electric snowboard?

if yes, try cleaning your slip ring brushes first:

1 Like

I was assuming he meant this board:

As far as I could find, all leafboards are single motor. He has problem with one of the motors, so it has to be at least dual motor setup, and that eliminates leafboards and leaves us with leiftech. And V2, common with leiftech

Mistery mistery :thinking:

1 Like

Well reasoned. I concede defeat. My lands and titles are yours to pilfer.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the help. Yes, was talking about the Leif board not Leaf :slight_smile:

I will try cleaning the slip ring brushes and let you guys know how it goes!

2 Likes

I replied to your battery thread (maybe you could put this all in one thread? “Help me rebuild a LEIF board!”)

But there are some other factors you’ve got to take into consideration. It sounds like this is a 6S board, so if you want to keep your current ESC (not sure you do since you’re replacing motors and batteries already…) you’re going to be limited to what it can do. That probably means high output 6s lipos and small, high kv motors.

1 Like

@jsun if you use facebook, find group “summerboard private group”, there is inventor of leiftech/summerboard and many helpful people.

@RyEnd leiftech uses 7s battery. It can be upgraded with vesc and then you can use any battery, but 8s should be best. Didn’t hear that people upgrade motors. @okp has upgraded leiftech and he could help and answer many questions.

2 Likes

Ty for the tips! will do.

1 Like