Lets talk about "Voltage Sag"... [POLL]

So apparently if you look at discharge curves you see 7 volts of sag on 12s is normal for these cells.

111A / 6 = 18.5A/cell. Sag should be .4V/cell 0.4* 12 = 4.8V sag

The rest of your sag is most likely coming from the losses in nickel strips/wires/ESC. All that is required to lose 2V is 18mOhm of in line resistance which is more than acceptable. If you were to measure voltage directly across your battery, you would see that it doesn’t sag that much but since you are measuring at ESC, you have to take those losses into account

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll just throw another 1s6p in the line for fun. Then I’ll get my losses back! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

nobody said anything about second hand. You can get new ones cheap. I got a whole set for $5. I would also recommend getting a spudger set.

SPD1 I found volt sag past 3.0v esc shut down running 100a constant current 10ah lipo at 8s… https://youtu.be/jQcbA5fYCws. By piggy backing 1.5ah 100c 8s paralleld to the high Mah pack solved the sag in heavy accel without adding much weight or used space…with 250a available delivery. This was ok for short runs or heavy accel to speed as the voltage will eventually sag on the smaller mah. While cruising the voltage will equalize between the two paralleld packs like water finding it’s own level… it is better to have even mah packs paralleled to deliver amps necessary, but the capacitance pack works for short over amp situations…

1 Like