LHB & NGV: Sword Board

i haven’t heard anything since i sent a letter to them on the customer’s behalf asking them to please reconsider making him pay for half of the cost of replacement on parts that shouldn’t have burned up that easily. I’m well into loss territory on this build and i’m not asking him for anything. this isn’t that kind of thing. NGV needs to step up and contribute to this project.

I feel like i just have to constantly teach people how to customer service.

nobody knows how to customer service. Not a damn non-community centric vendor knows how to customer service. Its like we all live in this little pocket of space where we actually give a fuck, and anyone tangetial to the pocket only mostly gives some kind of shit, while literally noone else does.

17 Likes

I applaud your desire to do right by the customer. I would suggest that when custom orders are made, specifically when the customer specs the hardware, its the customers responsibility to make sure the hardware is compatible. I would further suggest that if there is someone, other than the customer, to blame it would be NGV.

7 Likes

I feel the same way. It seems like so many careless about their customers and more about their bottom line.

If NGV wants you to pay half, their are STILL profiting on the replacement… That’s shameful. You sell a product, it fails, and you offer a replacement with a profit margin for yourself still?

My dad taught me one thing (and only one thing, lol) as a kid, and thats “The customer is always right. Even when they are wrong”. It’s time for the industry to learn.

2 Likes

Yeah i would never buy something from NGV…this ia a joke…they’re known more for breaking than running

3 Likes

The only times I’ve ever seen or heard of them running was when they broke. World record run: wheel came off and crashed at the end This guy: Motors and whatever else burned up and out of service for months now

1 Like

People hate on Chinese boards because they’re unreliable and customer service is usually bad. they should rename the board to NVGO match this scheme

2 Likes

I’d love to even see a board go from 0 to 40 and back to 0 again, I wonder if I can build my own board that does this before I see proof of even ‘basics’ with a NGV!

PS deck ordered so far :wink:

My carvons can do that :smirk:

2 Likes

Jake does it all the time. I build boards regularly that will do 40 with no issue provided the gearing is set up right. I prefer not to recommend those speeds, however. they’re not really that practical in every day commuting or derping, and it takes longer to stop and increases the risk of over current while braking.

I’m tempted to offer the customer an all wheel drive belted system with larger motor pulleys if they keep fucking around. Hitting 60 is just math. there’s no reason a belted system can’t do it. You just need to manage expectations for launch and use the right ratio and wheel height.

11 Likes

That’s what I’ve been saying. Their system is based on bad math. They project insane top speeds but forgo proper gearing for low end torque.

Then there’s also the the shit choice on wheel design (I mean compromise) so that they can have the aesthetics even though their wheels fall apart at the speeds they want to do.

It’s been a joke from the beginning.

8 Likes

I don’t understand the reasoning for using hub motors for high speeds. If I really wanted to hit 60 mph, I think the most reliable option would be 4wd, with 6-7 inch pneumatics using a 16/36T gear ratio. That way when I wanted to just ride normally, it’s as simple as swapping the wheel pulleys.

On that note, @psychotiller if you want to break the top speed record with one of your boards, I’ll jockey it for you :laughing:

3 Likes

Are 107mm urethane wheels going to fly apart above 60mph?

Properly balanced as well.

A major part of the purpose behind having cored wheels is to insulate the thane from the heat that can build up in the bearings at sustained high rpm’s.

2 Likes

Doubt it. Abec wheels were originally for downhillers before we bought all of them

1 Like

Nope, they hold.

They do 80+km/h just fine ( the urethane mold, ran them 76mm on my freeride set up.)

Generally abec is allways a safe bet with speed. Their centrax are loved just for that reason, to go fast :wink:

1 Like

Then why are aren’t we trying to break records with large urethane wheels…

I also see the difficulties from pushing that limit. I get going over 60 on an electric will only be for few people.

WE are.

THEY aren’t.

lol

AWD superfly build on a 23/33 motor to wheel pulley ratio at 12S on my motors and focboxes on li-ion will do it theoretically in a full tuck using a 130 pound rider or thereabouts.

But manage your expectations for launch and braking. I’d also probably go with ceramic bearings, and refresh them with every speed record attempt. Probably do new wheels as well.

I have no interest in doing any of this, its not what i’m after. But If any of you want to, that’s the approach i would likely take.

7 Likes

Had my Centrax over 45mph. They are quite lovely. Think I would set-up superflys for 70mph and spin em up on the bench and look for growth and distortion. That is a chunk of urethane right there. I’d rather be on a proven purpose built wheel.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure guys on Luge have proven they wont at 75+ mph

2 Likes

At those speeds I’d look to balancing them as well. Any additional vibrations is unnecessary friction and might help tear the wheels apart.

1 Like