LHB & NGV: Sword Board

1st principal of engineering…correlation does not mean causation

14 Likes

Setting a Guinness Book of Records is just a matter of adhering to the stipulation of two prior runs both certified beating the current record. These need to be signed and documented runs certified with video by an attending member of authority… a police officer etc. Once this has been done you can then follow the links on the GBWR site for the attendance of an GBWR official to attend and certify the new record. The guy that still holds the record actually also holds the official WR for the fastest downhill long boarding speed as well. The fact the record still stands says something in itself. The speed and acceleration I get from my Nextboard is beyond comprehension and couldn’t be happier. Happy riding guys and be safe :+1:

1 Like

Great, just give 10,000 of funding and I’ll break the current world record. Could probably even get to 100mph if I wanted to. That doesn’t mean it would make a good board, or a reliable board. Land Speed record vehicles typically are not marketed for sale for this exact reason, they’re only designed with the consideration in mind that they’ll last for 2 or maybe 3 runs.

I just don’t think touting a board as the “world record board” should be a major selling point

1 Like

Well mate it’s called putting your money where your mouth is ! If you have a better board, made more superior then I expect we will see you making or breaking the headlines, but till then youre all talk…

3 Likes

screenshot or it didn’t happen! lol :wink:

could you share someone breaking hard from max speed on a ‘working’ board please? I’m impressed with the speed but would be more impressed if it can stop from that speed safely.

1 Like

You are right! Wheels must stay on - we solved this long time ago, hope other inwheel manufacturer will address this issue sooner as we did!

2 Likes

Do you have a make/model for that antispark? Curious to check it out

Did you ever try to brake hard on e board from let say 30mph? It’s much more difficult to learn how to break then any other discipline… We used to have brakes enabled on all 4 wheels, but then decided to enable brakes only on rear two wheels because braking power on all 4 wheels was too strong…

2 Likes

Lol oh those, got em already :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, I agree…

yes I have I ‘get it’ that is the reason I asked I’ve blown up a ‘china ESC’ turning too hard while too breaking hard down hill over 25mph (with dual hubs).

I own a bajaboard, my plan was always: NGV for street and Baja for offroad - and the 2+ years I’ve used eboards I feel confident breaking at 35 on my bajaboard (sensor-ed with 4x belts) but I don’t think I would feel so confident with 2 hubs at 60mph

P.S. if ngv price included battery you would already have my pre-order

1 Like

Moe’s board is more powerful than the NGV, you’all watch! There are bigger motors NGV could have used with longer stators, why they did not use them I do not know.

On one hand you have a world class downhill skater, the other a can do dude with engineering smarts who loves the rush of competing and the thrill of pushing himself. He only started in this discipline a year ago… Standing up on his board catching all that air on his chest he is a few mph from the record and his board is still pulling away… Once he gets it dialed in for that sort of speed with the help of people like Brad (riptide) with bushings he will blow past the prior record. I know the specs of the scorpion motors and esc’s NGV are using I have scorpion kit on one of my decks. I know what kit Moe is using, he has more power and more adjust-ability + is more reliable :wink:

Hell sign me up, i’d buy one! Stooge RaceBoards for the W :checkered_flag:

6 Likes

Great that you learn how to brake! Not great that you fried the ESC. But this is only about firmware flashed in ESC. Our firmware is tailored made for our motors and ESC and wheel size, so when everything is ok (and braking from steep hill definitely is) there should be no issues. About batteries in our board: we cannot post these batteries - or the postage would be enormous. We contacted Fedex, Dhl UPS and many others but nobody wanted to transport those batteries. But you could buy let say these: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-5s1p-30c-xt90.html

on Hobby king - they are not the best batteries, but are cheap and will fit perfectly in our board. You can get 90-100km/h on those batteries!

1 Like

@ngv-nextboards

1. i built what the customer wanted, regardless of how silly you think it is.

2. Please don’t blame things that have nothing to do with it. Phase leads melting together have nothing to do with underlights or the shape of the deck or the material the box is made out of, and i’m perfectly willing to accept that the antispark plug was simply defective, just as i was willing to accept that repacking tatuu cells was a bad idea and have reverted to the original idea of removable packs installed in series. Also, yes, the eswitches i used in parrallel was also somethign that didn’t work out but i had to try it anyway. The box has nothing to do with it.

3. thank you for being kind enough to work with us on this.

8 Likes

very much agree, its refreshing to get things ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ so to speak

2 Likes

Here is my thought process. I’ve got a “NGV world record setting” board. Guinness hands me the title but all I have to show for it is a disaster video that’s been seen 1m times. Me, if I fixed the problem and wanted to sell my product as a reputable 60+mph vessel I would hope to have some documentation to prove my claims. 2 years of no failures of doing what. No speed testing, no high speed brake testing nothing from NGV. Brother if this was my product I would be transparent as hell when I went to market with this. A successful 0 to 60 to 0 video at the very least. Two years of 0 failures from NGV I believe. You guys never ran it up after your boy street faced…

4 Likes

it’s like a car crash MoeBro… can’t help but watch!

1 Like

Believe it. I am a fan of what NGV is doing. The idea of marketing their setup as a raceboard is a fantastic nich. The problem is what NGV’s expectations are from their customers. I think it’s reckless to take to market a product and expect their representatives (customers) to do their real world testing for them. I can only hope that NGV steps up, proves their system and properly documents it. Not just for customer confidence but for Esk8 racing in general. Honestly I am hopeful they make good on their motor failure, own it and make it better.

4 Likes

Too many things have happened this last year to think it’s a good idea to bring 60mph boards to the public. There are only a handful of guys in our community that can or should be going that fast. And I sure as hell hope that the boards they choose to reach those speeds can handle it. 0-60-0 or it has never happened.

16 Likes