LHB | Psychotiller's Fully Adjustable Modular Electric Skateboard Motor Mount Now Available

Nope! Not with the original mounts. Send them back and I’ll get you all fixed up! I got the tkp trucks too! My flex clamp is so close to fitting already…

Maybe I need to slow my roll on the idlers as I’ve not even begun assembling the drivetrain yet. I may be looking for a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist. Regarding the TKP’s, I’m still in a back and forth with them about what exactly I can get from them. I do have Caliber II’s on the way for drivetrain testing but before I commit to TKP’s is there any chance a clamp for their new pricey but sexy stealthy trucks will materialize? Given the complexity of the hanger profile I’m not holding out much hope.

No chance for the stealth…I did just fit a caliber clamp to the tkp like 5 minutes ago! Solid!

1 Like

REALLY! Saaweeeet!!! So when your mounts arrive I’ll already have what I need for the TKP’s.

Everything’s here brotha!

2 Likes

Dude that is EXACTLY what I envisioned for my board. Right down to the motors. Please tell me I can get a pair of those.

I’m hoping to score the bases in black and the hangers in raw and them your mounts in black and those motors would be the bomb! ( do they say that anymore?)…lol

Those are turnigy g160 245kv. Hobby king has them. They max at 10s so you know. I have had many successful builds with them. They come with a red sticker over the black that easily peels off

I had a look at them at HK and just my luck they are out of stock…arrrrg. Not sure what the physical dimensions for this motor are as the naming convention like “6364” is not used so I’m curios if their size allows for a twin rear side by side configuration? Would I have to go down to 9mm bets from 15 to achieve this? Remember aim starting with the 10" Caliber II 50’s. I thought I saw someone post that the hangars are shorter than most other 10" trucks. Fact of fiction?

In a separate note, at the risk of coming off as a lazy DIY’er I ordered a battery case and a battery pack today. Is was mainly curios how the case would look under my deck and $49 for it didn’t seem to risky, but then I said what the hell and ordered the 24 cell battery pack that goes inside of it. Very few specifications were available, like the distance between the front and rear truck mounting holes. Sure hope I don’t have to poke any more holes in my brand new board. Labeled as “Generic” I’m guessing the batteries are mediocre at best. And there’s no bums. So I do get to play with that part of the power system.

Generic Electric Skateboard Rechargable Batteries Pack 8.8Ah Touch the image to zoom in

Generic Electric Skateboard Rechargable Batteries Pack 8.8Ah A pack of 24 lithium-ion batteries Contains no battery management system Capacity: 8.8Ah Discharge rate: 10c

Is there enough information here to tell me what BMS and ESC rations would be appropriate with a little headroom to spare?

Wheels and pulleys are also a factor when spacing out your motors/mounts on the hanger. I’m tempted to say the g160s will fit dual rear, on caliber with my mounts. Depending on your choice of wheels/pulley.

Or you could sick to your original plan and mount everything to a tkp truck…

1 Like

Now that my friend is a killer setup you got there! I’m pretty pumped about these Spectra Bomber wheels I bought but I have no doubt that at some point I will be trying out a set of pneumatics. Especially if the Bombers beat me up. Not sure what the durometer rating is on them so we’ll just have to see.

Too bad no more Hex TKPs :frowning:

Yeah…I kinda got duped on that one, but at least I know my clamps work pretty well. Will probably be a close fit to the grind trucks as well.

How much space do you have between those two BF 160’s? Looks like you might be able to even fit 12mm pulleys.

Could easily fit 12 mm pulleys

Is that because your using the tkp trucks? Are they wider than the randal clones you mentioned?

I’m looking at getting some custom made trucks which are going to be about 190-200mm with extended axles. It will allow us to have 15mm belts as a standard as well as use bearings for pulleys and/or even use 6365 motors instead of 6355.

Not sure, if others have experience with the longer trucks but the longer trucks have awesome lean at least on the surf rodz. You can completely lean without worrying about falling over on “other shorter trucks”. So it’s pretty awesome carving…

2 Likes

Yeah. It would work with the 195s too though. Wheel choice will affect this statement.

1 Like

I have enertion wheels which are flywheel clones as far as I know. I wonder if those would allow proper clearance with 12mm pulleys.

I think those are center set. May need 9mm belts