LHB Scarlet: an entirely new deck for your ride UPDATED

That looks awesome man. I’ll for sure be ordering that one or the natural wood soon! Still can’t decide they are both so sexy :grin:

just got back from this crazy surplus store and got everything i need to smash coke bottles into sand. Looking forward to making my own grip. I’ll post pics as soon as I can get it together.

1 Like

Be careful bro. Like i said… its cheap but dangerous but gives awesome results

1 Like

DUde!! Your decks are cool. They kind of remind me of the Christian Hosoi Hammerhead decks back in the 80s. I listened to a couple of your tracks! I’m a metal player too. Diggin’ it!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Thanks bro! I press them to order, each one is hand made.

What’s the dimensions … Did I miss it somewhere ?

40" x 10.5", 26.5" wheelbase, drilled for old school and weighs in at 5 pounds. And it comes in multiple finishes and even a glass grip i make myself out of coke bottles.

The ones listed on my site are 7 ply with a known flex point and are ideal for split box configs like on my rat board, but i’m also able to press 9 ply decks that don’t flex at all for use with monolithic boxes like the one shown on my Scarlet complete. My current Scarlet complete prototype is a 7 ply with fiberglass reinforcement under the deck along the entire box area. It’s working out very well so far and i have been trying to work out a process for composite decks that are even thinner but have almost zero flex. A friend of mine even suggested replacing the center core layer with 3-4 layers of carbon fiber, which could be done since most epoxies take longer to harden and cure than the wood glue i use. That would result if an extremely stiff deck that is slightly thiner and lighter than a 7ply and could still be channelled and boxed.

1 Like

Bithchin!! You made your own glass grip out of Coke bottles!!? You are my kind of DIY enthusiast!! Wish I didn’t live so far away, I’m in Oregon, but I’d love to get down to Florida and do some shredding!! My advice on stiffening up the decks without adding excessive weight would be in the clever use of contours. Like corrugation stiffens up cardboard, the right kind of ripples will stiffen that thing up like a Ruffles potato chip. I don’t suggest ridges…But you get my drift…

Correct! This is how I was able to get a 7ply this long to have as little flex as it does. But it still has little bit.