Li-Po Series connection issues

He’s probably mistaken, I’d bet pin 1 goes to the pack negative.

2 Likes

Well, hopefully we can help him get it sorted out before the smoke comes.

2 Likes

@Tachun any update on it? You already figured it out by your own?

Sorry for the late reply

s-l400

Here’s the picture the manufacturer has on their website

Well I re-did all my wiring and connections to make sure nothing is wrong…

The long red cables are my balancing wires I connected all 4 of my 6s lipos up to make sure that the voltages are correct which they where. I charged and balanced all my lipos to the exact same voltage and tried connecting them.

I don’t understand why my connector is burnt they are already connected via the balance cables and it shouldn’t matter if it’s connected again in parallel via the higher gage discharge cables.

IMG_20181021_222344 IMG_20181021_222458 IMG_20181021_222512

your drawing is showing an additional pin after pin 12 on the bms balance connector where you have the battery main connected.

The manufacturers drawing shows the 12th balance pin connected to the positive side of the 12th cell along with the main positive supply wire.

Yeah I know that was wrong, my issue is not about the bms that works fine, the balancing charging and discharging works fine. I just cannot connect two 6s lipos parallel without creating a spark and killing the connector.

I don’t know whats wrong, there shouldn’t be any current when I plug my lipos in, they are at the same voltage and there is no load connected

does it spark when you plug the first pack into the pigtail? or how many pack can you connect before it sparks?

Does it spark when you have the balance wires disconnected from eachother

Yeah that too… When I connected everything up everything was fine I could connect the balance wires and the first parallel pack but when I wanted to plug in the first series pack I had a spark while connecting

I mean EVERYTHING disconnected. Does it spark when absolutely no balance wires are connected between any series or parallel cells.