Lightweight single. 6355 vs 5065?

Nearly have my second build ready, but what motor to use??

so far I have: Cheap Quest 40" pintail. Paris front/ Caliber 50 rear 97mm flywheel clones (Maybe kegals to save weight) 12/15mm 42/16 8s 10ah 10c lipo (Slimed, ~350Whr) Vesc 4.12 (DIY)

50mm $80 Psychotiller 270kv 5065

$84 + shipping Chaka

$70 + shipping Torque 5055

63mm $90 + shipping Torque

$99 (Special) Rspec 6355

$57 + shipping 6354 sk3 260kv (Sold out while in my cart :sob: )

Looks like they are all sensored expect the rspec!

I like chakas motor just because it looks solid and the small holes should keep it cleaner. but how does the torque of these new 50ā€™s compare against a 63? donā€™t really care about speed, but i donā€™t want to be passed by a boosted eitherā€¦ . . . for reference iā€™m running a single 6374 sk3 149kv on 12s lipo + vesc + 97mm.

Bigger will always be betterā€¦ just make sure what ever motor you go with you donā€™t over work itā€¦

Motors love running cool and at high rpmā€¦

A larger motor geared to run at optimal rpm (top speed/ full throttle) will always be better.

Iā€™m running the 3374 Enertion pro + at 95kg and this thing pulls and I havenā€™t felt it get too hot. Very impressed.

Those Ollinboardco 5065s are pretty sweet. They arenā€™t really that much smaller than a 6355. The can is smaller diameter, but it is longer. For an 8s battery like you are running, the Psychotiller 270kv or the Diyelectricskateboards 5055@280kv would be perfectly balanced for your system. diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-motor-5055/ Dexter has the largest possible stators for his motors. ā€œExtended stator size for more power same as a 5065ā€( I noticed your link was for the 190kv ones) Plus, the 50mm motors are a better match for VESC 4.12 since the current VESC is rated@ 50A max. So that means less propensity to overheat your VESC and other issues. Great thread about it right here. Thereā€™s a lot of good info in this thread, so really get your read on! :wink:

I would hold out on the purchase, I have some things in the works to organize a group buy, at steep discounts. 6354 / 6374 sensored to be exact. All black stealth looking beauties. Should have details tomorrow.

iā€™m in no rushā€¦well not reallyā€¦looks like you might have made my choice for meā€¦ at least for now :sweat_smile:

@Ulfberht interesting topic, pretty much jason likes his 63mm beasts, and chaka likes his pretty 50ā€™s. no surprise there.

also why is 4.12 only 50v? capboard? canā€™t see the ratings because of the black heatshinkā€¦

my 4.10 is handling 12s just fine, but I can see it has 63v caps.

Whoops! I meant 50A max! Sorry about that. http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/ ā€œCurrent: Up to 240A for a couple of seconds or about 50A continuous depending on the temperature and air circulation around the PCB.ā€