LiPo 6S BMS Balance Charging Problems

Will do once it’s all wired up. But what I hope it will do is if a set of cells become unbalanced and drop lower then led will got off. As esc will only detect the overall voltage. Lvc= low voltage(so you discharge side) cutoff Hvc= hivoltage cutoff(so you charging side)

Ended up being that my BMS was not working properly so I contacted the seller on AliExpress and he shipped me a new one. Will update this post to make sure that using a new BMS fixes the problem.

1 Like

Did you ever get the BMS working? I just got mine in the mail and I wanted to see how you wired yours.

Not yet but once it arrives ill put up a diagram of how I wired it so you can see.

I haven’t finished it yet battery is connected but I currently do have a charger for this yet.

@JdogAwesome what charger are you using anyway.

@2-alex-2 I’m using the BMS to control the charging but for a power supply I’m using this,

@2-alex-2 im also going to be using this to finer control the voltage and current limit of the PSU. If you get a little nicer PSU that has current limiting in it then you’d wouldn’t need this but mine doesn’t have it. And if you dont mind waiting a couple weeks for shipping from china this ones a tad bit cheaper.

Yea I already have the socket but my lipo/liion charger won’t just charge it has to balance charge which it’s a pain.

Oh you mean without using a BMS? I was using an Imax B6 but I killed it now im using a Hitec Multi Charge X1 AC which is literally just an Imax B6 AC but with a different body and a lot more expensive lol.

Not been looking at laptop power supplies but not sure if would be suitable. Like what happens to the power when the bms turns of with over voltage ?

Id recommend using a PSU like the one I linked but if you want to use a laptop one that would work if you can find one for 25.2V. And when the BMS shuts off it just stops saturating the MOSFET’s that let current through so it stops drawing current to charge the LiPo.

Finally got mine wired up and it accepts a charge but no voltage coming out of P-,P+ so think mines faulty as well have message seller see if they send a new one or not.

You should have your charging device be connected to P- P+. A voltage should be coming out of B- B+ where the batteries should be connected to. Thats how i have my BMS wired and it works fine without a problem. If it helps im using a 25.2V laptop charger to charge my 6s system.

Yea but power should also come out of P-P+ as that’s how the low voltage cutoff works if you don’t use P your bypassing the bms for discharge and only using th bms for charging. Which is what I want to do but was going to use P- for an led indicator so that is bms pics up a dead cell the led will go off.

hey what kind of psu did you use. is it the same like this psu

my doesnt not stable draw current. it goes up and down. between 0,4A - 1A but it shuld be 4,5A

and i connected the psu directly to the batty. without bms. just for trying

Yeah that’s the type of PSU I use, except it’s a 24V 10A one.

how did you wired it up? because there two plus connectors and two minus connectors?

Hey sorry for the late reply been crazy busy recently, not sure what you mean exactly, are you talking about the multiple PSU outputs or the inputs to the BMS?

no worries. psu outputs.