LiPo battery setup

Looks like a good deal to me, they throw in a lipo tester too those are usually a couple of bucks and convenient (especially if you want to parallel charge can quickly check all the batteries voltage through the balance lead). Regarding heat build up I wouldn’t worry about it while charging really, if the batteries are getting hot you’re probably charging them too fast (with 100W charger pretty sure you’ll still be limited to less than 1C charge rate). With my quad lipos that I charge more often and have my hands on directly I’ve never noticed heat on them after charging but after flying and big discharges they’re always cooking hot. Alternatively or along with lipo safe bags can get an ammo box from army surplus (not sure if that’s just an American thing) for about $20 it’s basically just a metal box with a lid but should safely contain any fire (I’ve not had a problem in over 2 years of flying and riding my esk8, started flying a few months before building my esk8, but better safe than sorry).

Sweet! I’ll order the keenstone charger then. I’ve already got a battery tester because I ordered that at the same time as ordering the batteries which is annoying but not to worry.

I’m fairly sure I’ve got an old ammo box somewhere from my long range shooting competition days. Will be more than enough to contain a fire! I’ll go on the hunt.

Thanks for all the help. I’m getting very excited now!

No problem. If you take the charger wattage and divide by charged voltage of your batteries can work out max amperage the charger can handle before it starts to overheat (usually in reality will be like 10% lower than that). The keenstone one’s I have will shut themselves off if they get too hot, for the 50W one on 5S I’m limited to about 3.4A (if I point some fans at it can go up to 3.6A). Take battery capacity in Ah and that’s your max charge rate to keep the batteries healthy and will charge in 1hr if you can maintain that charge rate. So for my 5Ah it’s 5A max charge rate, with two in parallel can do 10A charge rate (my 500W one can do this has built in fans)