LiPo Users, tell me about your battery

8s1p you mean?

1 Like

LOL yes! I’ll correct it.

1 Like

so no sag at all?

1 Like

Yeah turnigy graphenes are really nice packs, if i could afford a big 10s one of them i would have gone for it, but this was a budget build

1 Like

Also I have no hesitation, when I upgrade I’ll get the Graphenes again. Want to go 8S4P actually, just need an elegant charging solution that also balances the cells.

1 Like

None. These ESCs run at 160A each as well.

I went from the saggiest bitch in the business, the Evolve Bamboo GT, to flying up the hill accelerating on my Trampa DIY build.

2 Likes

Looks like your in the running for a BMS, HobbyKing has an 8s bms for the price of a coke and sausage roll atm, as a charge only bms I think it would work well and is actually a bestech branded bms

3 Likes

i´m getting a cheap chinese bluetooth bms soon. will do a bms adapter for the packs, so that I can use my brick charger with different lipo packs. In the same time I can set my blance voltage etc. and monitor everything via app. think it´s a good an cheap opportunity to a big balance charger. (not as good as an I charger, but also way much cheaper)

2 Likes

This one? Do I need one for every P group? Will it properly balance all the cells?

Yep, only one is needed an will balance all cells to 4.2v. I have one for my 10s and 12s packs (just diff brand). You will also need a psu for your batteries, the correct voltage is required so 4.2 x 8. That should be the max voltage of the charger although if you have a 8s balance charger that can be used too just without using the balance function and connecting straight to the main leads.

1 Like

Tested alot of lipos since 2015, mainly turnigy and gens ace, the blue series and the tattu series. Bloating is not mutch of a concern, mainly it increases the internal resistance a bit. Performence wise the lipos outperform 18650 cells by mutch. If you have good cells you wont notice a difference in speed while riding and will mostly have an eaven ride untill the board suddently gets depleted. If you want density and range go for 18650, if you want mad power, go for lipo defenetly. PS: lipo is litterally liion in a polimer pack. Read up on NCR, INR, MNR liions

2 Likes

I use turnigy and zippy. set of 4 x 5s 5000 and set of 4 x 6s 4500 on eMTB They been really good to me, no issues what so ever.
I had pushed them to over 70 amps on the whole system and they haven’t done much save get slightly warm. No sag that I can feel even as boston winter hit. Turnigy seems a little higher quality.

Consider the main use of lipos like quadcopters puts significantly bigger amp load on them then Eboards, I think you’d be fine as long as you stay off the bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

I use 4x Graphene packs ( 6,000mAh 65) 2 x in parallel, 2x in series. malJohann has summed up these pretty well, Their expensive so always be on the look out for hobbyking deals but probably the best batteries iv ever used and well worth the money, i doubt ill ever use anything but graphene packs ever again.

2 Likes

Hey man, I was just looking for some help on a battery I want to build. I want a 12S4P Li-Po pack. Here is my math. 4 x 3S1P Li-Po’s will give me 12S1P @ 44.4V. I will than add 3(?) more of the same Li-Po’s in parallel to increase my total capacity. Is that math correct? Here are the batteries I want to use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-ZOP-5200mAh-3S-11-1V-50C-LIPO-BATTERY-TRX-Plug-TRAXXAS-ARRMA-BUGGY-PLANE-RC/152819502765?hash=item2394c08ead:g:WqsAAOSw0BdbY7PU:rk:33:pf:0

1 Like

incorrectomundo. 4 of these make 12s1p correct. however you need 4 12s1p packs in parallel to make 12s4p. So you’re looking at 16 3s1p lipos. also don’t buy cheap shit please. look into HobbyKing

Wow, ok, thank you. I’m actually starting to get it. I read some reviews on these packs, people saying they good, but yeah, a bit cheap for 4 of them.

1 Like

for what you’re doing, using 8 of them would be optimal. 4 will work but you won’t get alot of range.

Yeah. I would buy more than just four. So using 8, what configuration than?

12s2p. tWould help you get more range

1 Like