LIPO vs LI-ION - Electric Skateboard Battery Chemistry

lion cell are under press the jelly roll is encased in a nickle cell which acts to compress the anode and cathode together, you can do the same with the the lipos, to do so you need to compress the flat side between two plates, have this setup on my current board haven’t done any long term test yet but from the information gathered from testing it so far my bet would be that they out preform the lion cell.

Can somebody explain this battery to me please. It’s 7s1p rated at 25.2v If they’re li ion wouldn’t 6s be 25.2v? And 7s 29.4v? 4.2v per cell at full charge. Do they base the voltage on what the lower end will be after discharge or something?114bc72696ee25ac330e44547ff5d905efd25df6_2_750x1000

You don’t count with full voltage, it’s nominal voltage. Li-ion have 3.6V per cell so 7s is 25.2V. A 7s lipo would have 25.9V (3.7V per cell). Both are fully charged 29.4V.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I appreciate it, must get old having to field questions like this. So I could theoretically replace my battery with a 7s lipo and a low voltage alarm? Waiting to hear back from the board’s seller. Also the esc is hooked up to a charge port on my board for the Li ion pack, would it be better to disconnect that or leave as is? Not to charge the lipo’s just wondering if leaving it connected would cause problems.