LiPos C ratings vs mAh battery choice

Just trying to mitigate what I can & keep as much of my top end as I possible.

Hopping to only use 330Wh/10Ah 8s 65C/130C Batteries with 296A of cont. rated motors. That’s about 9,827W theoretical at 4.15V a cell (reality will prob. be peaks around >8,000W I think…).

1 Like

Yeah but the huge amount draw, voltage is going to drop significantly. When I pull over 100a on my 30q pack I see 7v drop. What kind of amps are you pulling combined with those motors and what are they rated at??

Manufacturer rates them (2x) at 5,180W/148A cont. at 35V

I slightly under charge my lipos to 4.15V (33.2V) so even theoretical i’ll bu under that to start.

7v drop??? Something doesn’t sound right unless you’vr got s tiny pack…

1 Like

Deckoz is right, what is your voltage? mAh?

12s6p of 30q. If you look at the discharge data sheet you can see about 5v of drop at 15+ amps. So when drawing over 110A you get 5v plus losses in wires ~2v leading up to the vesc ish.

30qs are 18650 cells not lipos we are sharing info on the workings of compressed lipos cells, your playing English chess on a Chinese chess board

Holy shit, how have I overlooked this thread ??

LOL, I didn’t realize squeezing lipolys had such an effect!! I thought I was imagining that my carbon fiber battery brackets made the board perform better. Now I KNOW they do :joy::joy::sunglasses::sunglasses:

I guess that endeavor was an even better idea than I originally thought. Hell f*cking yea!!! Carbon fiber for the win

1 Like

Be careful… All problems with fire is then anode touched through insulator cathode then funs starts to happen :slight_smile:

P.S. Also dendrite problem exist…

3 Likes

Dude that video was awesome! Most battery videos are like we have a new thing, it will be on the market in 10 years.

But this showed some real information and some innovative research techniques. :sunglasses:

Edit. Found a related video. I has a lot of filler but it does show some shots of them making the button cells by hand 1pc at a time in the Argon chamber.

Who wants to build an Argon chamber and DIY some batteries? hehe.

2 Likes