Live in CA ride an Esk8 the gas prices are high enough now this shiznit

I’m going for a hybrid 80/20 off road trail riding/street so 8" pnummies with Superstar hubs. Maybe some gummies if I feel like it.

1 Like

Always thought you BAESK8 people got to skate everywhere and wouldn’t need a car.

@moon @lrdesigns I know right? But it’s what we all get accustomed to. I remember when I was younger getting gas for my parents. I would hand them a $20 bill and get change back after a full fill. These days I’m filling my truck (yeah, another American stupidity) at about $75

I hate that electric cars either cost a lot or looks like crap. Maybe it’s the way I was brought up, I would always be the $25K car driver, new or used. I’m currently looking at getting a used BMW i3 for my wife (no need to lecture me about the looks) since they run in the $17k-25k range. The Tesla is still more tech, less car to me, at $50K I would just buy two civics :thinking:

1 Like

I could skate everywhere, but driving is fun too. I use my board to get the last mile-ish to work.

That’s like saying a Boosted is board is more tech, less a skateboard.

2 Likes

So I don’t outwardly talk about this often, because I don’t want to sound like a zealot like Brian (<3 you bud), but I’ll share here.

Last summer I stopped using my car to get around Portland as a challenge to myself, commuting every day rain or shine, no Ubers allowed. I even run my household/shop errands on esk8, essentially l’ve used it as my primary method of transport for the last 11~ months. The only exception is that I have to pickup/dropoff my daughters as I have split custody.

Gas prices weren’t a factor as most Americans don’t know how good they have it. For me it was really a way to push my builds to their break limits and get everything battle hardened and road-born.

And because I fucking hate traffic, given that my city is full of hippies too busy ironically apologizing to trees as they drive 11mph.

I average 900-1100 miles a month riding esk8, my commute to work every day is 8-12 miles each way, depending on the route I take, and then I ride in the evenings for fun/exercise. I’d say I’ve managed to average 2-2.5 hours of riding every day, unless I’m out of town with work.

For me, not having to deal with traffic and having a fun way of getting around town is a huge quality of life improvement. It takes commitment to build a quiver of boards that can be ridden every day and hold up to all the environmental and use wear that comes with it, but it’s been a fun experiment and challenge. I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon.

11 Likes

Your mileage is crazy

2 Likes

As a bonus, I’ve gotten in the best shape of my adult life, even if I’m still just a bit of a fatass.

4 Likes

The point wasn’t just high gas prices guys. It’s that the article talks about the pumps reading that there is gas going into the tank when it’s not. Obviously people in smaller countries are paying twice as much as the US but they also don’t have the commute most Californians have. Shoot San Bernardino country can swallow a few countries it’s self. Obviously the whole world is overpaying already. But damn it the pumps are fucking us too???

1 Like

Is this where we place generic news stories? I read a story about a huge orange today.

2 Likes

Why are we talking about gas prices when an Asteroid might hit the earth?

You fools need to get your priorities straight.

7 Likes

Fake news Tim!

I see Colorado hasn’t worn off yet.

2 Likes

I seen that too… There have been several in the past few months they say are near earth passes. Truly none of this would matter

1 Like