LLRH | Carbon Maple Hybrid | APS 6355 190kv | Custom mount | 12s | VESC

Do you have any preferences on the shape and flex? I am working on an e-sk8 deck with Lauri from Reindeer Longboards.

New deck ordered. WeFunk DH 38" is on it’s way!

1 Like

Good choice, WeFunk decks are really nice.

I’m interested! Hard to describe my preference on flex, nice to have some but not too much, let’s say medium. Top mount, 35-40" long and trucks in the ends of the board.

1 Like

Got my first VESC yesterday and I have ordered one from Enertion long ago so that should be coming hopefully some time next month. I’m going to end up with two VESCs so I need use for the other also. How I resolved this? I ordered EMF Hub motors!

2 Likes

Some progress! Got my drive setup to work. Sensorless for now. And rushed a nunchuck to ppm converter together.

1 Like

Update time! I quickly installed 6s setup to my cruiser and got to ride e-skate for first time in my life! Wow it was fun! New deck besides test setup.

Seems like I haven’t learned anything from my last carbon deck because I had to put the new desk to mill also.

And vacuum bagging again.

2 Likes

owh, just saw your broken deck :disappointed_relieved:

I did something similar a while ago with my topspeed, which was a 9ply thick board that just allows a little more routing I think:

I gave it a flex test back then and it held up, but I didnt have a good feeling about it to be honest :stuck_out_tongue:

you probably routed wire channels on the wefunk to connect the 2 boxes? think thats much less critical, because the top of the board is compressed while the roadside is extended. be careful not to screw everything up with resin when you fill these channels. I did that somewhat on my topspeed and after that experience I was extra careful with my vanguard and used some hot glue to “resin-proof” the cable exits before I filled the wire channels + wires with epoxy and 2 gfk layers to cover the “wounds” on the board.

looking forward to your progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just looked at your first deck again and this time i noticed the design which i thought could be a ram deck, and… it is.

My flatmate odered a ram deck two weeks ago. It snapped the moment i started to push a little harder. So don’t get discouraged by your first snapping board. Just don’t trust ram it seems to be cheap bulllshit.

2 Likes

Yeah that routing is for power cables. I’m not sure if I will even apply any resin there. Cables are quite press fit to the channel and grip tape will hold them there.

Wow! I have now ridden my test setup about 30 - 35 km’s and it’s fun! Can’t wait to wire up the 12s config!

1 Like

Btw @Roxeh if you are in facebook be sure to check out the Finnish e-sk8 group :sunglasses:

same happened to my bustin robot trying to go over this crack:

o

2 Likes

Sorry that it’s been such a long time since my last update. Been waiting for the EMF hubs. Since they havent progressed anywhere I decided to change to Hummie Hubz. Got the Hummies and here’s where I’m now.

2 Likes

So now everything is mounted and I get to test ride it tomorrow! Decided to drop mount the trucks and it feels awesome! Still need to disassemble it atleast once to final sand and coat the carbon parts.

4 Likes

Fuck!

Just when I was going for first test! I did test it back home that both VESCs do have the same settings and everything is fine. It was running fine with 6s and no load. I did also test briefly with 12s that it runs. But now that I went outside switched power on and just looked it I heard PUFF and it was gone.

1 Like

Oho! What happened? Did the too long pins pierce the red wire?

Don’t know, Everything looks OK besides that current sensing resistor. Only things that comes to my mind are that it had bad soldering or there was something mysterious hapening in the software. And now that I was too eager to test my board I went to test with only one motor and burned that motors coils and the other vescs DRV chip…

Check if the hall pins that the red wire is resting on is poking through the insulation. If it is then it got shorted out and burnt.

Isn’t it resting over the CAN ports pins, but yeah the wire is fine, no marks of poking thru

The hall pins are on the top left of the picture, so check there. Just fyi you may not see the hole if there is one, try bending the wire back to check for holes.