Loaded ICARUS - 6374 190kV - FOCBOX - 10S4P 25R - 90MM75a ABEC11 FLYWHEELS - Custom Enclosures

Glad you’re enjoying the Icarus! Beautiful build!

What do I search for on Thingiverse for the non logo version?

Right here. This one is without Logo.

1 Like

Thank you! excited!

It hurts so much :sob::sob:

4 Likes

She’ll be running for the first time soon ! :heart_eyes:

This is still just about halfway done ! I’ve just used screws I had lying around for mounting the enclosure so I can give her a maidens ride. :blush: I have ordered some decent screws and washers(rosettes). Credits to @whitepony.

Also tried @High-roller’s idea to include an air scoop in the enclosure. :wink:

I am actually redoing the enclosures at the moment. Its all trial and error ! I’ve gone through several spools and enclosures until now… :triumph:

A quick notice I can give everyone who wants to 3d design and print their own enclosures is that you shouldn’t add screw holes at all. You will never get them to fit spot on. Rather do sth like this. Use decent washers to not put too much strain on the screw hole points.

As you can see the space between both enclosures is not that wide. 40cells are really hard to fit under this deck… The flex shouldn’t be affected because I used a 4mm foam mat underneath the enclosures and will use rubber washers. I’ll find out when riding. There was no problem with me jumping on it.

10 Likes

And it continues :blush: thanks to @yummyblobs for the clean deal ! :+1:

4 Likes

Okay might need help here :wave:

I keep losing connection. Or its rather the VESC keeps rebooting. When testing BLDC on the bench it does just fine. When driving and having weight on the board whenever I hit the throttle a bit it just stops the connection. I get a weird crack sound from the motor.

On FOC I can set up everything but when doing full acceleration on the bench I get these weird cracking noises from the motor. I think it might be a short in the motor. Anyone have a clue ?

Post your settings, both motor detections went smoothly? Settings have been applied?

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. I just ordered another motor to rule this one out. I redid cables and everything the last time so I don’t think it could be loose cables. :confused:

1 Like

your Batt max is way to high for a 10S4P 25R,

Batt max: 25 to 30A Batt min: -20 to -15A

Wait, a 10s4p of 25rs can give like 80A! 25 to 30 is pretty weak

3 Likes

I run my 10s3p at 60/-60 with dual motors

1 Like

25R with 20a each are 80a :confused: I’ve adjusted to the standard 60a now. I think I’ve found the problem. My hall sensor cables are mingled like ****t… Whenever I pressed down on them the vesc would cut out. :smiley: Time to go for a little nightride.

1 Like

I thought I’d try doing FOC. The motor cracking still remains. Whenever I accelerate and it makes the cracking noise I get the fault code ABS_OVER_CURRENT. I guess it really is a short ? Weirdly it doesn’t behave that way when I use BLDC.

I appologize, didn’t want to start a controversy.

On a new build i would always recommend lower values… hell it’s new, give it a chance. Up the values if needed.

The abs over current can occur with bad sensors, does this happen when running unsensored?

1 Like

Hey man :slight_smile: No biggie. I’ve used the same setup on the other build with the same batt max. Worked just fine.

I’ve tried FOC uncensored now and when accelerating I still get the crackling noise and motor jiggering. Then I get the over current code. It just happens when I push the trigger past an specific point.

This build looks amazing. I was thinking about doing a build very similar to this. Do you happen to have CAD files for the Loaded Icarus that you could share?

Update due :slight_smile:

Board is finished as for now. Enclosure done, screws blackened. The board is running in FOC, with the FOCBOX its running without problems for the last couple weeks. I’m quite pleased of how the board is running. Its super carvy and has enough power for any hills. I’ve found the perfect bushings setup for my weight :smile: The 6374 is enough for any hills here.

I’ve added the vesc port on the enclosure. And its just super neat to just plug it in during the ride to change settings or read the fault codes.

I’ll leave the board as it is for now. This build will get continued once I get my hands on some Carbon V3’s :blush:

15 Likes

That thing is sexy, good job !

1 Like