Loaded Truncated Tesseract | Carvon v2 single | Lg HG2 12s4p Custom Pack | Enertion Vesc | GT2B Mad Munkey |

hey if you don’t want to build a battery yourself, I have some coming out very soon on my site. 6s, 10s, 12s options. all with BMS and laptop style charging and battery % meter. Should be up within the week.

2 Likes

Ok I just ordered 50 Lg Hg2s from liionwholesale. I can’t wait to build my pack!

Where do you buy the BMS with a soft switch?

Some Bestech BMSs have soft switches.

After 20 hours of soldering… The board is complete!! Check out a video that my friend put up on his instagram.

A video posted by Calder (@cald_2_longboard) on Aug 1, 2016 at 4:31pm PDT

1 Like

I am running into two problems. One is that the vesc cuts out after a few seconds of braking, and two is that the batteries seem to have an insane amount of voltage lag, or aren’t supplying the amps I need. If I go full throttle up to speed then it will only go up to about 20 mph, but if I go half throttle up to 20 mph and then punch it to full throttle, it climbs to 30 mph and backs down after a few seconds. Is this normal for lithium ion batteries? I thought I would not have any problems since I went with the more expensive hg2s and am running 12s4p. After riding all the cells seem to be balanced pretty close to each other, so I don’t think I have any bad batteries.

I think it might be your VESC’s current limiting setting.

1 Like

Update Time! So I have put a good amount of miles on my board and I love it. I have more range than I know what to do with :grinning: . I went on a 19.8km ride the other day and still had 3.96 volts per cell! I also finally got my mad munky mod working after I destroyed my first gt2b. The board is a lot of fun, and can go way too fast. I can hit 32 mph on flats and 36 mph on downhills. Eventually I would like to go dual drive and make an abs enclosure, but for now I will leave it how it is. Check out the updated pictures:

3 Likes

How does the W concave feel? is it mildly pronounced? planning on a build on the basalt tesseract but I’m concerned about the W concave impacting the enclosures and batteries. also wanting to go for the Carvon V4 Torque drives but as I would like to ride 107mm ABEC flywheels and eventually Pneumatics when I can upgrade to a 4WD, I realized there are going to be concerns with the clearance to avoid wheel bite.