Loaded Vanguard a-like Decks are back!

I like to make my own decks and I made a cutout to put the batteries, esc, bms inside. maybe an idea for you :wink:

1 Like

That looks amazing! If people wanted decks like these then I can make them to their requests

There is certainly demand for decks like theseā€¦but you would have to use maple veeners :slight_smile: using fibrglass would be another advantage :slight_smile: also adding concave would do a lot of magicā€¦

I would 100% use maple or bamboo veneers but at this expense of it, I would rather just stick with how it is now, I donā€™t see the advantage of using other materials when this one is pretty good

Edit: I would most likely be able to add a concave upon request. I can make other deck shapes upon request as well

Iā€™ve been doing a bit of research and if someone wanted a bamboo veneer added to the deck I can do it for an extra cost, I think it was around Ā£25

Question is why this deck? A lot of real longboarders think that itā€™s not very good.

This doesnā€™t make sense my friend

most dh boarders donā€™t like it cause of how flexible it is. flex is no bueno for 45mph+.

So your saying a stiff deck is good or bad?

stiff decks are great for high speed but flext decks (like the vanguard) are great for mid and low speeds and carving.

it all comes down to preference

I was refering to this http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/what-longboarders-think-about-electric-skateboards/41925 What I got from that is that deck with rocker make sense in our case (fast start and stop). :wink: and concave of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah i agree, I mean the decks I build is in the middle, itā€™s a little flexy but still pretty stiff. I can carve pretty well it on it but I guess your right because it is all about preference

I always feel like this when riding a deck shape like this

1 Like

Sorry for popping in late to this conversation but board construction is something that always interests me.

Loaded Vanguards are made up of vertical laminated bamboo and triaxial fiberglass epoxied to either side of the outer stack. Because of the Fiberglas construction the tensile strength of the board is greater. This lets you use a thinner core material. Itā€™s the thinness of the board that makes it lite and not the Bamboo material.

Making a horizontally laminated board to the same thickness as the Vanguard from 1/6" maple with fiberglass on the outside will achieve basically the same weight results.

Both maple and bamboo are relatively the same weight. Believe it or not, birch is lighter than both of these materials.

Hey :slight_smile: I am quite interested in this too, actually I have made a vanguard like deck from bamboo and fibreglass myself :slight_smile:

You are right in everything you saidā€¦

The problem in this topic was, that the guy was offering nice deck made out of the wood he did not knowā€¦which might be problematic since you dont know its strength, if it has any cross support and so on :slight_smile:

Doing vanguard like deck from vertically laminated maple could work, but it wouldnt have the bouncy feel of bamboo :slight_smile: If you would use baltic birch, it would actually not be V-lamā€¦and yea Birch is the ligtest of all free of them :slight_smile: Some comapnies often use even lighter poplarā€¦

Are they still up for sale and would you ship them to Austria? Michael:smiley:

Donā€™t get those decksā€¦ Already made a thread to warn people about @Charster10.
Payed and then never received anythingā€¦

Never pay friends and family at leastā€¦

1 Like