Loaded Vanguard | Caliber II 44 | Kegel | Dual 180KV N6354 | 10S3P 30Q | diyeboard Dual ESC

I now have every part ordered or here already. Will try to update the original post tonight :wink:

1 Like

UPDATE #2

– Electronics – ESC: Dual FOCBOX + CAN + Metr.at Motors: Dual Maytech 190KV 6355 Battery: 10S4P 30Q + Bestech 80A BMS 10S Motor mounts: 2x Carbon Motor Mount (http://eskating.eu/) Drive Pulley: 2x 33T evolve Kegel Pulley (cut to use 12mm belts) Motor Pulley: 2x 16T 15MM

– Enclosures – 10S vanguard from @Eboosted

1 Like

I now have all the parts here. Let the fun begin :slight_smile: Will build the Spot Welder this week and start on the 10S4P battery. Do you think I can achieve a layout like this? Not really sure on how to connect the 2 horizontal pairs…

IMG_1281

To be able to fit the on/off and charge plug on the middle and the BMS on top:

IMG_1282

1 Like

Hi there, this build is looking good to me (I’m new) and I’d love to see it once the whole set up is compete. Are you planning on charging it with like a laptop charger like the boosted board? As I’ve read using a bms can make that possible

You don’t need a bms to charge it like Boostedboards :grinning: . You just need a dc male and female plug and a charger with customisable end of charge voltage.

You can but its not really a good solution here. The best would be to change your bms to charging bms only, and it would fit on the far left of the enclosure very nicely since it would be much smaller. I’m no expert here but stacking bms on the cells is calling for troubles imo.

I would be using some foam between the BMS and batteries. I’ve seen several thin batteries with the BMS on top aswell. Does the BMS get too hot? Thanks

Update #4 - Battery progress

Glued the batteries in pairs IMG_1326

Glued each 2 pairs and prepared the layout IMG_1328

Batteries on the case to test fit IMG_1342

And the probable BMS placement IMG_1332

Will start spot welding soon. Are you guys the same opinion as @rok about the BMS? Thanks

2 Likes

If it was me, I would do charge only bms

I was thinking about this one because it has an integrated e-switch aswell. What are the downsides of using the discharge on the bms?

It’s too freaking big to use with this enclosure. Did you get the 10S or 12S version? Anyways, good luck fitting everything. I was barely able to fit 10S4P and charge only BMS with this enclosure.

I’m sure it will be fine mate, just make sure you insulate it properly with fish paper or something else

This is the 10S 80A

About that, what type of foam should I be using around the battery? The foam I have seen around linked in the forum does not seam heat friendly at all!!

A lot of people use neoprene but I’m not sure if it’s heat resistant, if you have any fishpaper left over from the battery build I would probably use that and maybe just some standard packing foam

1 Like

So for instance if I wanted to copy the boosted look I.e the on and off switch and the charging point would you need a bms to do this? I like the easy and sleek laptop charger that boosted use and wondered could you re create this? :slight_smile:

I was referring for the enclosure, there are 2 versions to it

No, you don’t need a bms but the bms is highly recommended as it keeps the battery cells in balance and protects them from over discharge. If you want a cheaper bms solution a charge only bms works too, which can be read about more on the forum

Oh, its the 10S4P

Appreciate the help!

1. About the focboxes, they have smaller connector than the motors. Which should I change? And I think I will have to shorten the wires to fit neatly inside the ESC case. IMG_1405

2. Do these FOCBOX’s look ok or should I hot glue anything? IMG_1407

3. Do i fix the FOCBOX’s to the board or to the case? I am thinking of glueing this foam inside, and then glue an acrylic sheet to it, and then fix (glue, screw?) the FOCBOX’s to the sheet. IMG_1397

4. This is how it is looking atm IMG_1401 IMG_1403

3 Likes