Loaded Vanguard Deck trimming: 41" Flex 2 -> 39" Flex 3

quick update :wink:

This was yesterday. I began just cutting the bottlenose and let it sit on me overnight.

Aaaaand then I just cut the whole thing in the morning haha… the thing is I kind of fuckes up with the jigsaw so I had to shave off on the sides…

Will update later

The board is now 102cm~ish long. So I trimmed around 5cm off. I am not sure if I should trim off the other side too since it doesn’t too asymmetrical

1 Like

Allright its done. I’ve also trimmed the other side. F

Overall the length went from 107cm to 97cm. Around 5ish cm on each side. I fkd up one side and had to grind off just a bit more then I wanted. I was way better prepared for the other side :smiley: The camber + concave is still there.

Next step should be rounding the edges and applying clear coat again.

Sooo…

1. Always wear gloves(rubber w.e.) when grinding. Especially decks with fiberglass… Those splinters rly suck !!
  2. Draw on board make exact measurements. Use pointers (draw middle line - distance on both sides should be exact the same etc…)
  3. Its better to take off less material then more. You can always grind it down. (Thats what I did on my second try)
  4. clamp that shit down… I was a noob on my first try and the jigsaw/deck wriggled like crazy…

Here are the results:

4 Likes