Loaded Vanguard / Tesseract / Jet Spud: Vacuum Bagging Boards & Enclosures with Carbon

yea, of course! why wouldnt it?

you said those batteries wont be good

lets keep the thread free of random clutter like recycling laptop batteries - this is about carbon, write me a pm if you want, or open a thread. :wink:

their performance wont be great, theyll drift so you will need a bms, but they are cheap. choices, choices!

This thread just blew my mind! WOW I’m soaking it all in!! Man, this is great stuff!! I read all of this and all of the ES stuff too. I’m hungry for this type of information. @whitepony I’m a fan.

1 Like

Could you post a picture of how you laid out your batteries in your banguard build. Im doing a vanguard aswell and am curious how you fit such a large battery so cleanly.

if you want to know more, check the build thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=80808

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this is inspiring!

updated initial post with carbon jet spud :relaxed:

I am planning to build a flexible deck again and enclosure . I really like your slim design for vanguard and battery layout. The simplicity is the best.

How are the enclosures holding up from the flex? Looks good in the video. What would you do differently if you do it again?

the vanguard is perfect in my eyes, board choice (flex2), enclosures, battery (10s4p), vesc foc mode, gearing & motor choice (16/36, 168kv), not a single mistake made and everything is holding up just great! im just riding riding riding, even really hard to be honest! its by far my most favourite board :heart:

even though its the longest board I got, its the easiest to carry, because of the split enclosure! :wink:

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind if I steal your design since I don’t know anything about batteries. :grin:

How many carbon layers did you use for the enclosures ? I guess it shouldn’t be too stiff. Are they same size?

go wild! :smile:

I used 1 layer gfk for insulation and then 3 layers 200g/m^2 carbon twill. mostly for the screws so that it wouldnt tear. you can also go with 2 layers carbon and add a few cfk stripes around the lid! the enclosures dont seem to be under any stress though, I can tell from the way the drilled holes for the screws look. was very different on my tesseract!

and yea, both are exactly the same, 100% symmetric! think space is a little tight for 2 vescs though, so if you plan tongo dual, make the rear one a little larger!

1 Like

Good to konw. I might go with little longer enclosures. What size is your Vanguard? Looks like 42".

yea, 42" flex2!

Yep. Sanding is a key.

Just lurking here but had to comment: whitepony, your work is absolutely brilliant.

Sweet

LHB or somebody else should license that and start mass producing!!!

Im late to the party on this one but maaan, this is the stuff that inspires to make a new build. Well i will start with it right this moment. Maan saving money with this Hobby is so hard ;). (especially as a student ;))

1 Like

Superb builds @whitepony I am a fan.

How much time did this take?

How much did this cost?

How did you know how to run the cables in the board is there a post about that type of work?