Localized toasty

Thankyou that really help me actually , I chould not find creat new thread

You need to have enough read time to creat new topic I believe.

I’ll take a look

3 Likes

Seems like a chunk is missing. How on Earth would you fix that?

It looks like something shorted with the ground plane of the ESC. Maybe the corner dug in to the xt90 connector? Too many wires coming off that connector, maybe one of the wires got pinched by the ESC?

Like every magic tricks there always a pass of hand… for this you can swap it fast with a new ones straight from the wizard… :kissing_heart:

(WARNING shameless plug ahead)

3 Likes

A friend of mine has a 6.6 I can buy off him. Hopefully the other one is still good. I’m gonna have to make a new loopkey wiring and new enclosure with my mold tho this time I will get it right and get all the edges down nice :ok_hand:.

1 Like

So I admit I didnt double check the soldering job since I really needed it to work Yesterday on the SF East vs West Groupride. What confused me the most is I had it working the night before and rode it for at least a mile. Also had it plugged in and hung in the wall. Why did it only blow up when I have the charger and loopkey plugged in at the same time

1. Things move. Pinched insulated wire won’t cause any problem until vibration eats away the insulation.
  2. minor short circuit gets destroyed(heat melts a few wire) automatically without causing much damage, but when they are big they take everything down with them.

That’s bad, good that you save all the rest. It would be a pity loose such a nice board. Question why did you charge ti with the antispark plugged? I always remove it to do it, in order to isolate the battery from the rest. I know you can charge it with the vesc on, but you never know. Good that you get to walk around completely unscathed. Since you have to make another enclosure, maybe make a tutorial for it. I know it’s probably kindex but I love to see the how to do and your looks really nice :wink:

1 Like

I’ve always charge my board with my vesc turned on and will continue to do that. There should be absolutely no problem. Kydex is abs. I don’t have access to the vacuum former anymor but I still have the mold for it. I’m building a diy vacuum former to make a new one.

1 Like