Look like a new Evolve is on the way

Yeap! Precisely those…Earthly muddy scaty wheels.

3 Likes

You mean like a scatpack?

(My dig at dodge and their stupid car name)

2 Likes

yeah didn’t see this apologise

The leaked image I saw was an bamboo-esk with griptape on the sides & beltdrive motors and Battery is said to be that same as boosted so maybe 30Q

Boosted uses LiFePO4, I think.

To evolves credit, they did invite diy boards to both of the last k1 speed races. In the last race, the standings where stooge boards, stooge boards, evolve, then me (on stooge trucks)… so not the image they want but they were still very respectful and happy to have us there. And that track is a few thousand per hour to rent…

I think direct drive is a smart move for them. But the question will be… can they make a decent direct drive motor?

There’s a lot of hate on direct drives and hub motors but that’s because most of them are garbage. You ride a few bad shitty cheap hubs and then you’ll think it’s a hub motors that are the problem when it’s really just a cheap shitty motor and urathene problem… hummie hubs feel like your riding on clouds and you can feel the difference night and day.

7 Likes

Other thing I heard take this with a grain of salt is the Australian Price is going up $800 Starting from $2500AU

3 Likes

@Movation

Australian Price is going up $800 Starting from $2500AU

Then again is Metroboard at Belmont Stakes in 73’ by 31 lenghts.

1 Like

Evolve is a popular mass market board, so they end up being ambassadors for esk8. I hope they come out with something great.

4 Likes

They are adding [crappy] 18650 cells (an improvement) but it’s still belt drive and still uses the same shitty electronics.

1 Like

booooo… doesn’t explain the price rise - 18650 should be cheap than prismatic

Evolve hardware :+1:.

Evolve electronics :-1:.

5 Likes

Hopefully they do something (in firmware) to stop people being killed when the brakes come on full uncommanded.

1 Like

Yes, direct drives would be in the center of the wheel, these are slightly higher up.

Wtf do they mean by zero wires

they have finally found the wonders of nickel strip ?

10 Likes

What about the esc wires, bms wires, etc

Evolve have their fingers in bajaboard now. Maybe some design share. I don’t actually have anything against evolve because if the boards work and thats a big if they ride very nicely and are a really good tuning platform. Hopefully they don’t just tart up the existing line up but have done a full re vamp.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a wireless battery with a wired throttle. Future Tech.

3 Likes