Looking for a 12S Charger

I’m looking for a 12S Charger but don’t want to wait a month or pay $60 for shipping, does anyone have one I could buy?

https://m.banggood.com/50_4V-2A-Power-Adapter-For-Self-Balanced-Vehicle12S-Li-ion-Battery-Charger-p-1201167.html?gmcCountry=US&currency=USD&createTmp=1&cur_warehouse=CN&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=heath&utm_campaign=usc-ods-us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI58-9ntfP3AIVENNkCh1e9wP-EAQYBCABEgJeofD_BwE Does this fit your charge port?

1 Like

I don’t have one yet, I would buy according to the charger. But my battery is 12S3P so this would take a while to charge

You want a 4amp 12s charger. I got mine from TB but now I’m on the hunt for a good 6-8amp charger for my 12s8p

Can I buy the 4amp one off you then?

sorry man i use that on my smaller 12s batteries. get a new one from TB

It’s $75 plus shipping…

https://www.amazon.com/LM-High-precision-High-stability-Certification-Communications/dp/B071CHKMCS/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1533304797&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=48+volt+adjustable+power+supply like this one with a knob and screen

12s full charge voltage is 50.4 (4.2 * 12) so you’ll need this one if you go with hummie’s suggestion:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYDZCG9/ref=psdc_10967761_t1_B071CHKMCS

2 Likes

i think the 48v adjustable can just get up to 50 but it’s for sure safer to get the 60v…actually thats the one i have.

2 Likes

i might get one of these…good find.

ive found the led gauge to be off by .2 volts on mine. not bad and the knob and screen are a huge plus compared to the typical tiny screw slot these are often adjusted with.

ive written before…ive broken so many of these but not because they are bad but because im always dropping them or they fall over or off a table when the board falls over or something. its very worth mounting the thing to a wall or ceiling and having a very long charge cord so it doesnt get pulled or dropped. (broken some pulling the cords out and shorting them too)

theyre “interesting” to get wired and come with no instructions and you need to find a 3 prong plug somewhere to hook it to…in the right spot, and you need to add the other wire going to the battery too. not hard but no instructions.

I considered one of these while back cause of the adjustability. Some even have a potentiometer for current. However what stopped me was the exposed main wires. Did you make some sort of enclosure for your setup?

They do have a plastic guard that covers the wires. If u mount the unit on a wall or ceiling it would be hard to have a problem

I saw the one with a current knob too but it was 200$ n does 20 amps. I want it. I bet 20 amps is possible w the 30q at its lowest soc till maybe 50% n no prob and I was recently posting info on over-currenting cells for their better health as it can smoothen dendrite formation. Ironically high current can make cells safer and reduce capacity loss.

3 Likes

That seems a little too complicated for me…

question is can the bms do 20a.

these small charge only modules are like 10a max, often times 4a max.

1 Like

Just bought one for my 4p how is it?

This is how I wire it up. Cut up a computer power cable.

But I use this to feed a hobby charger or one of those DPS psu things, not to direcly feed a pack.

2 Likes

Oops didn’t show the actual connections. Copper ring terminals, crimped with an antique high quality crimper.

Another example. This one is 20a so I tripled up on the output. 4mm bullets on everything as that’s compatible with test leads for multimeters and lab psus. Stackable banana plugs, etc, makes everything super flexible.

If I were to use this kind of thing for portable charging I’d probably 3d print or make from wood an endcap and bumpers.

2 Likes

nice crimp tool. definitely safer than a bare wire in there. i found one that literally melds the metal together but was like 6000$ from Germany i think.