Looking for chromebook developers for BLDC tool

i can code using the dev app to get access to the vesc but i still need the bldc tool

It’s rude to tell folks to change their computer. It’s usually a hallmark of apple people - but either way, if he likes chromebooks, that’s fine. I think they should be more popular, honestly. If I didn’t use my computer for work and need a faster one, I’d probably use a chromebook or multiple chromebooks.

1 Like

I am an apple user however I use and maintain Windows OS at work to run analytical instruments. Chromebooks are a simple alternative to a PC where you don’t need all the crazy specs and just want it to surf the web then yes chromebooks are fine but if you need to run any sort of program or want to load a program it is far easier and more cost effective to get a refurbed win7 system for a few hundred bucks. I would have suggested to virtualbox the bldc tool as it is compatible several different OS’s you could try virtualbox as chromebooks are a linux based OS then you can load a windows VM and run the normal bldc.

Wow ok I will definitely read up on this

Although it appears the chromebook has to be in developer mode to get the virtual box.

could you run the linux version of bldc tool on raspbian? i bet you could with a bit of cajoling if it doesn’t work out of the box.

if so, get raspberri pi for like $30.

1 Like

That’s not really a solution unless he wants to buy a Windows license.

hell i might try this just for shits and giggles.

@dg798 how much u gonna pay me if i figure it out?

What an app or web based bldc tool for chromebook?

I will say getting virtualbox to work can be a pain. I have had to set up a VM machine running w2k for older software and it works but its because I have a copy of my exact load that worked and was tested extensively. You might spend alot of time researching the forums to get a answer to why it isnt working

no, getting bldc tool to work on raspberri pi.

1 Like

@thisguyhere I cannot spend anymore money right now. I already have a chromebook

i mean, you options are extremely limited and you’re asking for a lot, porting source from one platform to another is not a trivial task.

i’ve got a rasp-pi kickin around somewhere, i might try it this week. if it works maybe i lend it to you, no promises tho.

@thisguyhere very curious to see what u can come up with.

And I know my options are very limited however I was just curious if there is anything out there

What a coincidence, just built this EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool - #200 by b264 - General Discussion - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board for Linux

1 Like

dafuq, you got 92 repos…

1 Like