Looking for reliable remote

My current remote sometimes will cut out at random times it’s from eBay and got .5 out of 5 stars on this forum so trying to upgrade. Looking for any reliable remote someone has.

You could go with a remote from a rc car or search for a firefly nano in this forum.

1 Like

Is there a place I can buy the firefly nano online

the hoyt puck from what I have read no one has had any drop outs. However it is more expensive than most other remotes.

1 Like

afaik no, but you could reach out for a 3d printing company for printing the parts, if you don’t have a 3d-printer. Have you ever done a soldering job? If yes, go ahead.

This is the complete documentation for building this remote. It’s called DIY btw:blush:

2 Likes

Thanks yeah I do know how to solder and have access to a 3d printer.

The mini remote is IMO the best bang for your buck. It’s been super reliable for me and has a ton of throttle control.

https:///products/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller

You can probably find it cheaper if you search around.

The avio remote mini mod is a solid mod to reshape the case too.

Here’s mine: image

5 Likes

Forgot to say, that a GT2B is bulkier, but cheaper

1 Like

There’s a reason people use the GT2B mod…

ik, but I’m too lazy to do it :grin:

1 Like

What a rip off u can get the mini trigger much cheaper. I’ve seen it for 20$. Really reliable. Good feel. Modable. Long lasting battery. durable. Gives warning when battery low

3 Likes

From what I have seen so far it’s either 2.4 GHz mini or the flipsky’s vx1. Vx1 is newer and that battery isn’t fantastic but no one’s had drop out on that one yet and is not trigger style like mini.

It hurt me to post that link lol. I got mine for $30 I believe.

1 Like

I found this on ebay

1 Like

Even better deal. Free shipping. IM ordering at least two.

1 Like

Damn i really like that re case on the mini.

1 Like

Which remote you want depends if you are a thumb trigger guy or an index finger trigger guy. I personally like thumb triggers so i dont like the GT2B but alot of people do like them especially if you are coming into DIY from an evolve set up.

2 Likes

Every time I try to use another style I almost kill myself. Once you go with one you’re hooked. If anyone in Bay Area wants to take the thumb maytech remote and I have another…10$ if u grab them.

1 Like