Loop key contacts burned

:grimacing::exploding_head::money_mouth_face:

10char

2 Likes

Guess I’ll start my own collection too. Mental note: put a big sign above my soldering station that says “check your effing polarity dumbass!”

3 Likes

My friend I have wired a battery wrong. Not wrong in the sense of a misplaced wire, I mean the xt90 round the wrong way. Late night. Plugged it in and boom! Bms is toast. Easy to do. Shit when it happens.

Very true. Okay, I’ve resoldered the loop. The good news is: IMG_20190209_221807

The bad news is: IMG_20190209_221824 …and of course I don’t have a STlink programming card in case I mess it up. I love technology :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You won’t its a simple process. Just ID your vesc in the left window and update the latest from the right.
If you have a simple vesc ie a focbox or tb or hk then choose 4.12. The left window will display the options. Then click on it and the right window will tell you what to update to. Click and update away. If it does not give you the option then the vesc does not have the bootloader installed and only then would you need the st link. This is only my own experience based on my own fuck ups so take it as you will.

3 Likes