Louboard 1.0 Mod, Upgrade | Lightweight | Portable

Is this the board you are making?

Screenshot_20180802-141828_Chrome

How much for the board with lid and bolts, etc, no battery or motors, just the complete board?

1 Like

Yes it is. For a group buy of 10 or so we can do the kit for the same price as the bare deck ($119). Lead time about 2-3 weeks.

2 Likes

I definitely will want one if a GB is organized. Is the kit basically the complete deck with lid and bolts, etc. The bare deck just the deck without the lid or anything else?

What would one complete deck cost if I was the only one buying one?

That’s correct. Bare deck is just the piece pictured. Kit would include the deck, carbon fiber lid and 10 m3x8 lid bolts.

2 Likes

Ohh this is really intriguing. I’d really like to test it before I hopped on. Do you have a place in NorCal some of us can try it at?

Where in Norcal are you? We could hook you up with a rider in Folsom if you’re nearby, I’ll be in El Dorado Hills/Sac with a board this weekend if you want to shred!

R

1 Like

I’m a bit confused about something though. I messaged Nextboard directly a few months back and was told the cost for the board would be $595 + p&p. How are you able to sell it for such a dramatically lower price? Did you take over production of this board?

The dimensions they listed are very different from the dimensions you have listed also…

Hi Rob. Very nice deck. Do you have a black only lid without pink? Would be interested in GB And would you ship to EU (Iceland) ?

Ok cool, that answers my concerns :smile: So how many decks with an integrated enclosure do you currently offer?

I want one to Germany!

Ok I see what I did, lol. The angle of the pic of your board had me thinking your board was a different one, they do look very similar from the pic I saw. I thought it was this one.

Screenshot_20180404-201129

Really like your design though. What’s the max battery pack this can for with dual VESC’s?

1 Like

It doesn’t use 18650s so you have to be creative. They have an existing battery they’re selling that is 36v at 4AH if you don’t want to make your own battery pack. It leave enough room for dual Vesc’s

I’d make my own pack from some 20650’s :wink:

C’mon bro stop bombarding them with questions, how would they know the answer to that when they’ve already stated they use lipo batteries. Work it out, like @bartroosen12

5 Likes

I asked like 2 questions then made a few comments saying how I liked their product. I hardly feel that constitutes ‘bombardment’.

What are 20650s?

I don’t want to argue so let’s just get this group buy going!

I’m down for 1 full deck without grip, I am in Aus so I’ll cover extra shipping cost. Who’s next?

1 Like

Agreed. I’m down for a full board as well and am in the US.

20650’s is a new size for Li-on cells. It’s not widely used as 18650’s are the standard, and then 20700, and 21700 cells are the newest cells that are becoming more popular, and will likely replace the 18650 as the standard for cell size. 20650’s are also new, but very few are made in compassion to the other ones I just listed. Though, I know of one or two cells in that size by Samsung and Sanyo that are very good.

Same. I would like one