Louboard 1.0 Mod, Upgrade | Lightweight | Portable

Not at all the case with the 3.0. None of the holes line up. The metal plate isn’t even the right size for the new esc. The diyeboard esc will sometimes continue to throttle a few seconds after you release on the remote. Someone made a good YouTube video showing this so you know what to expect.

true, I should have said that. My experience is only with the Louboard 1.0 with a single hub motor. The throttle staying on after you release is odd when it’s on the bench. But when your riding it it’s not heaps noticeable. It just feels like your coasting a little further.

I did, however, change from a hub motor esc to a belt esc for my conversion, so I can’t comment on the braking strength. The original louboard hub esc for braking was terrible.

This also happens with my Lou 2.0 genuine ESC. I dislike this behavior very much. Also, I wanted to improve Lou’s weak braking force. However, it was not improved in DIYeboard’s ESC. I will go to the dual hub motor setup.

Are you guys using the diyboard esc have a delay or lag when Pushing the throttle ? Or is it immediate like a VESC

No lag for the throttle

Hummie 18d sounds like the battery must be tiny. id go lipo if you need to keep it so small and want power. 1500 watt hub motors, continuous, don’t look that small. I could sell you a single hub motor that will eat both of those for snacks the near future.

overlooked this one :smiley: are you still up for it ?

1 Like

Finally received my 1.0. I’ll do a build log on updating to VTC6 soon. How is your experience with the belt setup ? I don’t like how the Original esc feels. I have a spare focbox lying around and will replace that. I’ll get out the dremel and see where I can place the power button.

I just don’t know if I should keep the hub or change it to a belt drive.

It is a bit heavier than i thought too. Trucks look kind of massive, did you swap em out too ?

Let us know how it goes! Any reason you’re going with vtc6 vs 30q or others? Kind of a battery noob here…

I have a lou 3.0 here with a dead battery so i’d love to fix up the battery if possible.

Hey guys,

got my Lou 1.0 for a while now and im quiete happy with this stealthy commuter board. What i dont like is the short distance (about 8-10 km for me)… So i’ll build my own spare battery pack :man_mechanic:

I’ll share my first iteration of the case (yeah… its a clone) i designed today. I think i’ll go for some VTC6 in 10s2p.

1 Like

Isn’t it a 10s1p ? How will you fit a 10s2p ?

My Lou is 2.0, I think that it is impossible unless ESC is remove.

I’ve used the Lou 1.0 with its standard specs for 2 weeks now. Other than its awesome design and portability it is meh. I’ve got some 30Q cells on my way which I’ll arrange in either 10s1p or 12s1p.

I’d go for 30Q rather than VTC6. The VTC6 has a lower lifecycle count and is way more expensive. I don’t think 10s2p will fit in there. I barely have enough space for 2 more cells (hence 12s1p) with my focbox + anti spark + receiver in there.

I hope that I can draw out more power from the hub with the focbox. The onboard ESC is so bad…

You won’t get a 10s2p in there. There’s no way. I’m swapping out my 3.0s 29e cells with 30Q batteries. I would make my old cells into a sore pack, so if you end up finding a reasonably fitting bms let me know.

Ah damn it sorry. I meant 10s1p, it was just a typo

1 Like

Do you have a printable model of this? That would be great. My self made batteries don’t have a housing right now.

Let us know if you find a reasonable BMS that will fit

I will publish the printable files here when i tested them by myself. This will take a while. I’ll order the batteries next month and this week i want to start printing the Case (may need some iterations).

When i build everything i’ll post all used parts etc.

1 Like

I want just the deeeeeeeck

6 Likes

I did build some spare Batteries with VTC5 18650s and like them very much. Only 2500mAh, but the board isnt beeping for about 7-8km. Just ordered 21700 cells… 4000mAh at continuous 30A discharge current. ( : That should give about 13km without beeping…

1 Like

Hi @lu4

I think that cell is Samsung SDI 21700 40T. Where did you order the cells?

I wanna buy it., too. I’m looking for a seller of that cell.