Louboard 1.0 Mod, Upgrade | Lightweight | Portable

I don’t 21700 cells will fit there. At least not with the case on.

Did anyone found a reasonable small bms for 10s?

Everything i found is just too big…

Nope. Good luck. I’m about to just switch out the cells. @SilentException how did open up the battery case? Careful dremel work?

The smallest i know:

Also you could buy something like 12 pin connector and use external BMS? It is not good solution, but it might work :slight_smile: I have one if you would be interested :slight_smile: But I would personally rather use BMS inside the deck and jsut for charging :slight_smile:

So, do we know that the esc can handle discharge (prevent overdischarge)? If so, i’ll order one of this :slight_smile:

Edit: The bottom of my case is fitting perfectly (very tight). Its a bit larger than the original case, so we got a little more space. Printing the lid tomorrow or at the weekend.

I published the files on thingiverse :slight_smile: : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2857831

Keep in mind that i just test printed the bottom yet!

I ordered 18650 BASEN 3500mAh cells from Banggood. Use the BASEN cells for long time in RC-Flight. 21700 will fit, but not with a case…

BASEN cells are bit overrated from what I know :frowning:

Not, from what i know. ( : They are about 5,50€ each on Banggood (rabatt actions from time to time) and 100% of my cells had more capacity then labled.

Thanks @lu4 ! Have you actually extended the cruising range with your purchased cell?

what have you heard about the basen cells? I’m curious.

were the the 18650? their prices are intriguing.

Sure. With the original Samsung 22P (2200mAh) I get about 6km and with the basen it is about 9km

1 Like

I just ordered 21700 BASEN cells with 4000mah and real constant 30A! ( : Sounds lovely!

That’s great!

This is a Basen 30A 4000mAh 21700 Cell test result.

The battery space of the Lou board is so narrow that I think 21700 cells are a good choice.

Okay Thanks. We will see. I Love my 18650 ans the all have more them the 3500mAh / 3200mAh rated, ans i have 30 pcs of them… I will let you know when they arrive. 21700 is the perfect size for this board if you go without the battery housing.

I ordered VTC6 and a bestech bms (for charging) and some xt30 connectors. Hopefully everything fits into my case. Any feedback is very welcome

I updated my thingiverse files. Everyhting fits very tight and it should be rigid enough :slight_smile: The holes for the the connectors were a little to small. Also the logo did not printed well in petg, caused by the bad bridging performance. Its a lot better now.

If somebody in germany without a printer want a case, you can pm me :slight_smile:

here are some pictures:

10 Likes

Which bms did you end up getting?

the HCX-D239 from bestech. Just for charging obviously

Looks really nice. Good job.

nice work!