Low battery shut off with 50% battery left?

Hi Guys, I have an unusual issue with my Backfire G2Black, I swapped the battery out with a direct replacement wowgo v3 10s2p 40T 8ah battery a few months ago and its been great with much longer range. Since last week though after i ride 6miles / 10kms i still have half battery left and then the board turns off. Controller is charged too btw. Im not sure where to start looking??

Any advice is much appriciated,

Thanks!

1 Like

If you are going by the indicator on your remote, start with measuring the battery voltage to see where it’s at.

2 Likes

Could be one or two bad cells dragging down the pack voltage? Have you measured the voltage of each cell to see if they are staying balanced?

1 Like

Definitely probably most likely a couple bad cells or possibly a broken weld on a ppack. Obviously without seeing it can’t say for sure. Welcome to the forum. What’s your favorite shape? :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Heya guys, Apologies late reply I’ve been away for a few weeks, so I run the board until it turned off and the controller displays 25% battery left, and the battery reads 32v.

Is that the correct shut off voltage?

1 Like

I hope its not a fauilty cell, the battery pack is a heat wrapped wowgo battery pack only about 30 charges old,

thanks for the advice though mate

2 Likes

Assuming it’s a 10s that seems reasonable. Would keep them min. around 3V a cell, so you would have 2V room more

1 Like

I might go down the custom route with this board later on but its my ride to work every day so have just bought a Wowgo3 with the 8a/h battery so when that gets here i’ll try check this battery,

Cheers for the help guys!

Kev

1 Like

Was previous battery exactly the same? Did you check on VESC tool if values are good for battery cuttoff?

1 Like