Low Guido's hack board. For Science | now with hub motors

It is working fine with my diy wiiciever. The recieving dongle actually looks identical to the kamas, so its probably based on it. I prefer it as its much slimmer, but I havent had it long enough to see how the battery life is.

Do it! I think alot of aussies will want one

Awesome @lowGuido ! I like that you removed the original wires on the Kama receiver and completely replaced them. That’s what I would do if I could do it over again. I didn’t have a small enough soldering tip back then!

I’ll closely watch your experience with the native implementation of nuhchuck with VESC. Despite many efforts to correct it I still had occasional dropouts. I’ve stopped using the Nunchuck and went back to GT2B for now.

1 Like

yeah @treenutter I replaced the wires because the original ones are rubbish. I would have liked to keep the same colours but I only had red black and white.

2 Likes

@tommyb10 you know what, I went back to look at those kama’s again. $500 delivered! go and get Fire trucked. I can buy them individually for $50 each. im sure last time i looked they were $250 for 10

1 Like

Stuff that! Haha it’s stupid how expensive it is!

well I set my hack board up as an “Assist board” today and took it for a short test ride… so far looks promising. watch this space

ok the hack, has now been fully set up for push assist. its actually quite cool. although being a hack, it’s literally held together with sticky tape and velcro. not up to my usual standard, but It works well as a proof of concept, and I will be making a video soon.

1 Like

Can’t wait. Sounds epic! Did you program it yourself?

nope not at all. I used the VESC and its default code. its very easy.

2 Likes

Cool. I didn’t know it had that feature.

Stop teasing and post details please.

2 Likes

I will make a video tonight! (although its raining so I might have to underground car park it.)

Underground car park all the way. :joy:

1 Like

I managed to get a quick ride in before the rain. Apologies for the really crappy video. I was pressed for time.

24 Likes

Awesome. I’ve got to do this on a board sometime.

Would you show us how you made it? great hack :smile:

Bravo👏🏻

Well done sir!

Excellent ! Good thinking on the C-button. And simple as fuck. Finally an esk8 without handheld controller. Integrate the switch somewhere in the grip tape and your all set. Gonna use this idea for a lightweight cruiser.

Anyone know how do to something similar with out a vesc?

C button on my wiiceiver is a turbo lol goes too 100 percent throttle.

Doesn’t the wiiceiver have a cruise button ? I thought so.