Low Guido's hack board. For Science | now with hub motors

That’s not crazy shipping to Australia or something at that cost?! Those things are like 13$ on Amazon I’m almost sure. I’ve one I don’t want. I’ll give it to you for…50$.

Speaking of Velcro and batteries. I haven’t found anything to convince me occasional ricocheting rocks are damaging the batteries and I like using the Velcro and then I only ever use the same batteries and charge them attached. Velcro is permanent for me … Until I pot and stick (24) 18650s to the board with the 70 duro clear rubber I have waiting

Mate the amount of times I have tried to get a nunchuck shipped over here… seriously that is the best deal I could get without buying a bulk lot of 10. I’m actually pretty happy with $110 for the pair!

seriously we get screwed over postage here and most of our local shops don’t sell anything useful.

so it’s 13$ and the 42$ shipping ? That’s amazing. If its a tarrif that the big retailers are adhering to maybe use craigslist or I’d sell it a lot cheaper than that. It’s in my collection I want out and trying to sell on here.

on batteries, I usualy have them inside a carbon fibre enclosure but this board is a tester.

Testers are all over your house

Excited we’re getting the motors!

Almost done rewinding (LRK terminated wye). This is it done really. I get to test them first and see how this weird winding feels and sounds and maybe change what we’re getting. Windings they’ll do last. This should have a much lower kv and want to see how that feels. And there will be a mismatch with the other 100kv

Have to see if I can figure the kv out on the bldc tool. If you know please tell

This cool tool I just got. Measures inductance. Electromagnetism. Ok I’m done jumping in your already exciting thread. But both you guys are getting these and thought you might like to see

I

2 Likes

The hack is now sporting an enertion VESC with replacement high strand silicone wires, heatshrink and a Nyko Kama dongle.

1 Like

I too was looking for the nyko kama nunchuck, but couldnt find any here in Aus (did you go amazon or something?)

Anyway, I found these on eBay from Italy, which were just under $30 including shipping :smiley:

Its almost exactly the same size as the regular nunchuck, and so far it performs really well! Next time you need some try it!

Im not sure if the madd catz chuck works with VESC. there are some reports that id does, but I haven’t seen anything confirmed.

I was considering buying a bulk lot of Kama’s to on sell to my Australian brothers.

It is working fine with my diy wiiciever. The recieving dongle actually looks identical to the kamas, so its probably based on it. I prefer it as its much slimmer, but I havent had it long enough to see how the battery life is.

Do it! I think alot of aussies will want one

Awesome @lowGuido ! I like that you removed the original wires on the Kama receiver and completely replaced them. That’s what I would do if I could do it over again. I didn’t have a small enough soldering tip back then!

I’ll closely watch your experience with the native implementation of nuhchuck with VESC. Despite many efforts to correct it I still had occasional dropouts. I’ve stopped using the Nunchuck and went back to GT2B for now.

1 Like

yeah @treenutter I replaced the wires because the original ones are rubbish. I would have liked to keep the same colours but I only had red black and white.

2 Likes

@tommyb10 you know what, I went back to look at those kama’s again. $500 delivered! go and get Fire trucked. I can buy them individually for $50 each. im sure last time i looked they were $250 for 10

1 Like

Stuff that! Haha it’s stupid how expensive it is!

well I set my hack board up as an “Assist board” today and took it for a short test ride… so far looks promising. watch this space

ok the hack, has now been fully set up for push assist. its actually quite cool. although being a hack, it’s literally held together with sticky tape and velcro. not up to my usual standard, but It works well as a proof of concept, and I will be making a video soon.

1 Like

Can’t wait. Sounds epic! Did you program it yourself?

nope not at all. I used the VESC and its default code. its very easy.

2 Likes

Cool. I didn’t know it had that feature.

Stop teasing and post details please.

2 Likes

I will make a video tonight! (although its raining so I might have to underground car park it.)