Low Guido's How to build the cheapest (but still good) esk8 video

@elad.jj its an x-car beast 150A from hobbyking.

1 Like

nice video, that must have been a lot of work!! :thumbsup:

thanks @whitepony. It was actually quite a pain in the ass. Like the build itself would have taken me a few hours, it wasnt hard. but setting up the camera and filming every little thing was actually the painful partā€¦ I actually dont have a camera. I used my phone. and at the start I didnt even have a tripod. I had to go buy one halfway through the build because I was sick of pushing tool boxes and stuff around to balance the phone on. I got to the end of the build and was like ā€œSweet all I gotta do is slap this stuff on the board and im doneā€ but then I realized that I had to set up the camera and get everything filmed. what waa like 2 mins of work turned into an hour of angles and lightingā€¦ OMG LIGHTING! dont get me started! lighting in my workshop is poor at best. i was shining torches on stuff andā€¦ gosh there was no second take either, once that hole is drilled its drilled. so some of the shots were not as clear as I would have liked but there was nothing I could do. also things like sawing and filing without putting my arm infront of the camera and blocking the shot meant that sometimes I was doing things at super awkward anglesā€¦ it wasnt my best work LOL.

I really hope that people enjoy the video and maybe even learn something from itā€¦ or even just watch that heat shrink at 9:35 over and overā€¦ so satisfying.

despite being a pain I still had a heap of fun making it.

11 Likes

yeh it was totally worth it! :smiley: even me got to learn a few new things from it! Next time it will be easierā€¦ Thanks for the work you put into making it!

keep up the good work!! I know i appriciate it allot and i guess im not the only oneā€¦

seriously dat heat shrink doe!

I would recommend putting loctite onto the bolts instead of dripping it into the motor mounting holes.

1 Like

LOL yeah thats what I do. but unfortunately I fucked up the shot and had to retake. you notice I dont actually put any loctite in the holes, but mearly indicate that its used there.

not that it actually matters how you loctite just so long as you do.

2 Likes

Did not notice that. Good work! I was wondering how would you recommend calculating center distances for an adjustable mount? Mount has to be tightly clamped and the motor has to be attachedā€¦ Kind of tricky.

@wmj259 i screwed the pulleys into a block of wood with the belt tensioned and measured the centre distance. that way there never has to be any adjustment. or you could just use a centre distance calculator onlineā€¦

But that does need a fixed center distance with the pulley teeth/diameter for it to be calculated?

Im not sure I understand the question.

Belt calculators use pulley ratios and a center distance to calculate a belt length. So I wound need the two things to find a right belt.

I have found this one works pretty well http://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

Yeah filming is a painā€¦even if you have all the equipmentā€¦then you need to edit itā€¦kudos to the hard core youtubers out thereā€¦itā€™s almost a full time job

I actually kinda liked that there were no wordsā€¦kinda shows how simple it can actually beā€¦

@Michaelinvegas anyone who knows me will tell you that I talk. A lot. I dont like videos that ramble on and dont get to the Point. So I prefered to just so it. You can see what Iā€™m doing and see the part names. If you wanna know more you can google the part or replay the sequence. Or you could just ask me.

Hey I got a dislike! Someone couldnt build their own board.

3 Likes

Or someone already did it wrong and now theyā€™re seeing how easy it really should have been all along. Without you having to utter a word. Jerk. :smile:

Whereā€™s the Dislike feeling like a failure button?

Sorry it was meā€¦ that shit look too easy Iā€™m pretty sure there is a lot of cgiā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great vĆ­deo @lowGuido !! Itā€™s very helpfull for all the people who are building their first esk8 like me. Thanks man :slight_smile:

because thousands of people have been asking me for a parts list, here it is! keep in mind I am not affiliated with any of the online stores that I got the parts from so Iā€™m not naming namesā€¦ But I think It should be pretty obvious.