Magharees Púca >>> Caliber II Fifty | 2 X APS 6355S | @WSB V1-0 Mounts | @johnny_261 Pulleys | @akhlut X Bolt plates | agniusm N.E.S.E. Cell holders | Samsung 25R 12S4P | Vanda VESCs x 2 | Freebord S2 bindings

Wikipedia: The púca (Irish for spirit/ghost), pooka, phouka, phooka, phooca, puca or púka is primarily a creature of Celtic folklore…If a human is enticed onto a púca’s back, it has been known to give them a wild ride

I’ll let Santa(the guy holding the Titanium rod) introduce a tandem build I’m working on.

After I picked up some 6355 from @rich & some mounts from @WSB , I thought I could pair them all

The N.E.S.E packs are awaiting my hardware kit from @agniusm, I’ll run the wiring through a center channel, not an actual channel made in the deck but perhaps a conduit or something printed. This is just a layout coffee momement of things to come. I’ll mount them with Velco when I’ve decided their permenant location and fix them down with some Titanium plate, you can see some in the picture above, but may do each individually and in a way to make a bashplate for each pack.

Edit I got confused and mixed up @marcmt88’s mounts oops, the mount on this build are of course @WSB and came with all hardware, there are no idlers pulleys…actually) T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶o̶u̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶m̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶4̶ ̶b̶o̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶

A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶p̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶M̶5̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶i̶t̶o̶o̶o̶h̶e̶y̶!̶

And yeah the Freebord mounting did not come as easy as on a non-drop deck, since I am using this MBS ATB I needed to make my own boltholes, here are some brass M5 rivnuts, sadly this one broke so I had to easi-out it and replace.

Yes those are indeed Knipex adjustable pliers @agniusm hehe

I use manky sneakers to keep people away from my stuff

8 Likes

So I’ll bury 2 Vanda VESCs which I got back in May in a @Kug3lis VESC enclosure…waiting on that so far. I also need to rejig the wiring and capacitors to make them fit ok, it came with a single huge cap from Vanda.

The BMS in this will be the @fedestanco produced @JTAG designed BMS in all it’s glory, I haven’t figured out where it will live yet but will knock something up

1 Like

Octagram spirals are probably my favourite infill pattern & well yes a little like a :snowflake:

4 Likes

looks like your image didn’t upload correctly

1 Like

Fixed mon frere

1 Like

oh, that looks nice! all festive and shit.

2 Likes

Great stuff. How was it printing them? Lots to adjust or swift. Great progress.

1 Like

No the design lended itself well to a clean print even on the old wanhao I’m using so nice one on that front

It printed in ABS and scaled to 101% for shrinkage, the reason the green is off from the other greens is due to it being colour changing based on temperature, bad cell? I know which one :wink::shamrock:

I think I started out with 0.3lyr and went to 0.2 for resolution, about 240 with 105 on the bed Oh yes and the motor covers glow green in the dark as will the upcoming motor scrape guards/debris ingress protectors, I’m going to put some more work in this area watch this space

1 Like

That is brilliant. I thought of this but me and abs have poor friendship :stuck_out_tongue: I will still need to print some in color changing, i seen some petg i think. Let me know when you get them and if all is good. Cheers

1 Like

Thanks I will be sure to do so :grin:

Ok latest mockup looks like this on the underbelly I’ve moved themounts somewhat to address a clearance issue with the trucks and motors, I’ve also added about 1/2" of risers which should help clearance considering this is a drop deck.

Ok so here’s the unfinalised electrics layout Alan no with the Ti skidpan for the packs frontal impact and underside skid rails, I’m going to do something cool with the wiring I think

2 Likes

And I’d really like some mudguards shame there’s no room to use the axle bolt as a securing point @wsb would it be possible to mod the motor mount cover to elongate it over the wheel somewhat and secure it to the other end on the clamp ring holes which have unused depth in them? I have the rings with the bolts facing the motors not ideal but needed the clearance, I could try longer belts but then idlers would get necessary… next purchase :wink:

These VESC cases are very solid and if I can redesign the phase wire holders by @mmaner on thingiverse then placing @JTAG bms between the vesc cases maybe possible, along with a receiver of course

1 Like

Very nice, clean and professional build :heart_eyes: and I discover parts I know :wink: Looking forward to see the progress of it, which enclosure do you plan?

Mr @rich you’re looking at the enclosure :wink::shamrock: Im going to use the jtag bms on this one as want high discharge and plenty of control I will be using that one in another as yet tbd thanks!

Ha, now I got it, that’s genius man :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s @agniusm genius but thanks

1 Like

PM me if you want the models

Will have to bend both bashplate ends around the last packs and devise a mounting system for the plates to the board.

And since I don’t have access to an argon welding cabinet probably a mechanical join of plate to skids.

I went the extra piece in the middle to provide more protection and to help secure the packs, if will also protect and wiring between packs

1 Like

Name change, Oh and its the little things that make the difference

Need more Velcro for stronger X Velcro stripe, don’t forget these will be lashed down with Ti, nothing is falling off!

Also you can see they are be padded from clunking into each other and the deck…vibration kills kids

The screws are stil assessable and lid of the pack can be removed no problems

3 Likes

Extra Velcro arrived along with nese internals unfortunately it’s Monday and work beckons hope to build packs sometime over the week

1 Like