Magneto Electric Skateboard

so still waiting to get my vesc

I broke my elbow yesterday while giving it a spin, be careful with these toys

Man, I’m sorry to hear that.

I already had some falls with my LecDec but I was wearing elbow, wrist and knee protections besides the helmet. No major harm (knock on wood).

Hope you get well soon to ride again.

sorry man I have a lectric board and I have never been thrown off. It does have some crap breaks and the vesc should fix that. I am only planning on using this board to get experience on the electronics and other things like that. in a few months I am planning on doing my own build ill make sure to post it. good luck

Got a Magneto about a month ago, brakes were terrible. Like unusable because they were so harsh. Swapped in a vesc and everything was fine after that, smoother acceleration/braking. Motor runs quieter and it has a higher top speed now. Range is still about the same 12-14 miles on a charge. Just now swapped the bearings out for betters ones, so in all a vesc plus bearings and you have a nice board.

I went this way on purpose, wanted to see exactly how these clones boards actually are. My next board will be a smaller lighter board. Probably built with nice parts myself as opposed to buying pre-built.

1 Like

I actually like these Chinese clone’s for their enclosures since it looks so sleek. I was going to do exactly that when I was interested in getting the LectricLongboard for $400. The Enertion SP4 cost $400

I bought a Magneto and the belt broke at thirsd day. I was waiting almost a month an a half untill they sent me a new one. This belt broke in six days. They sent me another one in a week that was broke too. Since then, three months ago, they don’t send me anything more and don’t offer me any solution. Since one month ago they just ignored me.

Since the day I received I am waiting for a new battery cover because mine is poorly constructed and is not good assembled. They said me that their factory are in Shangai and they are still waiting (five months).

Another things to tell about magneto:

Magneto can’t climb 15%, I doubt even 10%. My weight are 70kg. _ Magneto’s range is less than 10 miles, not up to 15 miles as they promise. _ You CAN’T use it in manual mode when the battery is finish.

I need the timing belt for version 1. They don’t list it in their home page anymore and I do not know the spec for the timing belt.

any help would be appreciated.

with best regards akrv

Just measure it. Lay it down, squash it (in half) flat with a ruler, measure end to end (mm) and then double it. It’s almost definitely a 5mm pitch, so HTD 5M then your measurement in length. Probably HTD 5M 255mm or 249mm
 Measure the width of the belt too because it could be 9/10/12/15mm

it says may tech and it is super expensive. the whole point of magneto boards is a cheap one for 600.

but are you sure the dimensions are correct?

the magneto is made with maytech parts. Trucks, motor, drivers etc 
 even the remote is a maytech. Dimension are definitly corrects. The belt is a standart one, no need top buy a maytech one. you can find it in any belt store online. You will find the exact reference written on your broken belt.

See if this information helps. It was provided by LecDec, another chinese clone vendor.

http://bearingboys.co.uk 255-3M-15 Timing Belt

do you know where I can buy another timing belt for the board? mine broke 3 months ago and I am still waiting for a reply or a link to buy one.