Making the remote signal stronger?

It’s available on my website at eboardshop.net Let me know if you got any questions.

1 Like

Accelerating from standstill sounds more like a brownout than an interference issue…

I added an LC filter and large capacitor to my 5V line powering the receiver. This helped a lot for my Arduino based remotes.

I was just using that as on of the examples I’ve experience it on, I’ll come to a stop, then when I get the green light I’ll give my board a push and then accelerate, but then sometimes nothing happens at all until I move a few more feet. It’s 100% interference from everything around me, just didn’t know how to help prevent that.

Im looking to make my signal stronger also, could I just drill a small hole and make the antenna wire on the reciver longer for like 20cm and put it underneath the griptape?

You can’t change the length of the antenna without screwing things up… the length is based on the wavelength of the signal being transmitted/ received.

You can to a certain degree if the exposed element is not changed.

Yes… what he said… use coax to extend and have the actual working part of the aerial somewhere better.

You cannot however solder a wire to the end of your aerial and expect it to work.

Thanks i guess thats a no go then

U need to see what antenna you have to begin with. If it’s already a coaxial wire soldered or attached via a uFL connector you just need to buy a longer antenna and solder or connect it back yourself.

Again you need to make sure it’s the right frequency (typically 2.4ghz).

The eBay escs have an external antenna port I notice, would be a good thing to implement in vesc design perhaps

ESCs typically don’t act as receivers, not sure which each you have seen that has an antenna attached. Not even sure if that’s a good idea considering you should separate the receiver from electrical noise.

Regular thin wire in the reciever and remote

Got pic? 10char

Regular mini remote

lol you made a faraday cage

radio signals can’t get through a box of metal

Faradays cage*

1 Like