Marbel on ABEC11 107mm Electric Flywheels

3 Likes

I settled on 44T wheel pulleys for my 107mm build, and 15T pulleys on two 6374 motors diagonal on 12s. When I get an enclosure I can do some real performance testing in NYC streets.

I Liked my GT on 97mm and also fitted 100mm MBS ATLB off-road wheels onto evolve which were interesting. Have not been able to get the 107mm onto Evolve GT though, need to find a way to get those cut down like yours but donā€™t have access to an electric planet or anything like that lol! I do have sets of 107mm wheel pulleys for 48T, 50T and 56T 3D printed if you are in NYC and wanted to try a higher gearing ratio.

I would be happy to cut your 107s for you and I would love to try a bigger drive gear. If youā€™d like, send them to me (to Queens) with return postage and Iā€™ll slice those bad boys down for you. You have been very helpful and welcoming to the new guy. Iā€™d be happy to hook you up. I still have to cut the other two so I can get it done while iā€™m at it.

In regards to the Flywheel gear, Thanks! Now that this 107 is the same thickness as the 97 flywheel I need one gear that fits the 97mm wheel profile, and is 15mm wide. Which number of teeth worked best for you with the 107mm wheel? Marbel is 30:12 for the 76mm wheel. I guess I also need a back retainer and screws. Do the 3D prints hold up? how wide are yours. What are they made of, ABS? Maybe you can steer me in the right direction.

On thiniverse what is the difference between the ā€œthickā€ one and the regular one? I think I would have to use the bolt on option if i donā€™t have much axle length for the enertion type gears that hold a bearing. Isnā€™t there an aluminum CNCā€™d option

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:545345/#files

I see that You can pick up an electric planer on eBay for 35 bucks. You could fix that door that keeps getting stuck too.ha

Sorry for slow response, on the road this week until Friday. Appreciate your generous offer to cut down my 107s to workable size like yours. I would like to take you up on that offer. Regarding flywheel gear, I have an embarrassing large number and range of pulleys made, in various #T & 9-15mm width, PLS & ABS, in 80-100% infill, 100-200 micron layer, etc. I can take a look at what I have, and would recommend and send what you want, once I get back to NYC later this week. Thinking ahead, with cutback 107mm wheels the MBS thick spoke/retainer version 15mm makes most sense. I have had best experience with 44T on 97-100mm, stock motor pulley so far but let me look at what I have to confirm. Yes the bolt on retainer is way to go, rather than peel back hanger another bearing width .

No worries. I sent you my home address.

The Marbel uses a 225 belt and my GT uses a 250mm belt. I think the GT is a ~32-36t (please correct me if wrong) so a good ballpark number for a 40 -50 t should be around 260-275??? Maybe you could point me in the right direction.

How do I determine which length belt to get if I upgrade the wheel gear for the 107s? It would be cool to continue using the 250 (GT)belt for both boards and get the correct gear to accommodate that. I fitted the 97 mm flywheels with no significant torque loss for my needs. I just wonder if there is a way to Measure it accurately

Note to all New Yorkers trying to modify their 107ā€™s:

Prior to discovering the electric plainer option to slim the 107ā€™s down I was considering catching the Staten Island ferry to visit a Maker Space in SI, just a few blocks from the ferry terminal, to use their Lathe or Sander or other, to get the job done. They also have a 3D shop. The place is worth a visit and still on my list.

here it is:

Here is the trailer Today I figured out how to use the iMovie trailer template on my iPhone.

1 Like

That pic looks familiar!

Cool you got this working, but iā€™ll stick to max 97ā€™s until they provide the 100mm (eventually?!?).

Thatā€¦isā€¦AWESOME!!!

Yes thank you. I used your micrometer measurements :slight_smile:

You helped make that quest possible man! Thanks. the trailer clip was so easy. This must be how JJ Abrams must feel