So I’ve been procrastinating this thread since I joined. Mostly because I wanted organize my thoughts to deliver the whole picture. I decided to just give the just of it because I need suggestions. What can I do?
It all started over 3 years ago. Boosted had just ended their initial Kickstarter and was taking preorders. I came across Marbel thatclaimed itbwas just behind boosted in their release date. So I decided to preorder a Marbel. Probably one of the first preorders after the Kickstarter campaign ended. I won’t even go into how many times we were lied to about when we would get our boards. Contact was ended after money was received and refund requests were ignored. Long story short, about 11 months after the date I was told, I received the long awaited Marbel 1.
Got on for my first electric skateboard ride and boom broken. A piece that was holding the motor in place fell off. Apparently this happened to almost everyone who received a board. This was before I knew how to fix issues, So under warranty it gets sent back. It takes over a month each time the Marbel has to go into the shop. Once I get it back about 5 min in and it breaks again, had to get shipped back across the USA to Florida. This happened 6 MORE times, only lasting a few minutes each time. This isn’t an exaggeration. After the 4th time they said they would not pay for return shipping and I had to pay the 100 bux round trip. After the 6th time they literally said “we know it’s under warranty, but at this tome we don’t know how to fix the problems you are experiencing, so we will not be repairing the board”. At this point I asked for my money back which resulted in over a year of ignoring my emails.
I would send about 3 emails a week for over a year before receiving a response. Finally in October of last year, I get a response saying, we are making the generation 2 and if y I send in your broken gen 1, we will upgrade it to the gen 2 for free.
Great right!? I can’t believe I fell for it. Once they received the board they cut all contact again. This was a year ago. In several emails I asked for my old broken model back so I can be done with this nightmare. The only response I ever got was simply “no”.
So what can I do? If you read reddit there are hundreds of people that have tried letters from lawyers, and other legal action. The letters are ultimately ignored and to continue you’ll end up paying far more than the board was worth. Class action lawsuit? Well there’s been talk and it never happened, so until that seems likely I need another option.
They are in Tampa, so if I wasn’t all the way in CA I would just go to their office and wait. At this point I’m at a loss.