Marbel the biggest scam in Esk8. What to do?

how did it turn out?

1 Like

same happend to me with stary boards . i was a dumbass. chalked it up as a L and built a diy board 2 years later. far to long, far to long.

1 Like

FWIW, I got my Stary (in the US), albeit two years after the kickstarter ended. I had it for about a week before I sold it to a local.

2 Likes

Well, Acton kind of did that to European backers for the Quatro. 2 years and still nothing. No board, refuse to refund… That was before I knew better…

So, what do your think, they have their place in the wall of scam?

2 Likes

WoW, smell like snake oil :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes i know some were delivered. Most of them were not.

1 Like

Honestly even hearing about it makes me sick. They tried really hard to get me to send them money to “upgrade” to the 2.0 when I sent in the old board. They just scammed everyone in the beginning and then came back for more money. The last time I heard from them was like 2 months ago and was told I would hear back from them “in 24 hours”. It truly makes me sick that they got away with this.

3 Likes

Matt Belcher wasnt even a skater. His education was in Carbon fiber composition construction or something like that. I think this Marbel board idea came from seeing people make enclosures and he though he could build something better. I think he saw a kickstarter opportunity and gave it a shot after teaming up with other guys fresh out of school. Honestly I think it had the makings of a good idea but there was no plan for RD. I don’t know but to go out the way he did was cowardliness.

image image image

Visited stary hq December 2016, non of their boards there were working

11 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

lol empty shop… all that money spent on the their logo :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wondering if the Marbel headquarters exists. I sent an email saying I’m coming to Florida to wait where they receive mail to settle this in person or go to court. I’ll end up loosing more with plane tickets but I can’t stand to let this go. Especially after they conned me into sending back the broken gen 1.

5 Likes

I don’t get it Did you call your bank or credit card company yet? I am curious to know how this pans out. It doesn’t matter how long ago it was because you paid for and upgrade recently. you are protected either way. I don’t understand why people can’t get their money back. I found a fraudulent charge on my mothers credit card where she was charged a small amount every month for years and they refunded all the money.

1 Like

I paid for my board June 2015. Never received it. Stopped getting email responses from them promising my board about 6 months ago. Forget getting your money back from your cc company. Will never happen after the first year of believing I would get a board. These guys are obviously a scam and be happy I didnt get shafted for more money. Surprises me that gofundme can turn their back on it too

Marbel Board - what should I do ???

Hi, i’m also an early orderer (year 2015) of the marbel board. I have never seen a board and my money. communication was similar to “Chase” - but I never get a shipping.

since one year I get no mails or ansvwers from marbel.

I’m a German orderer.

Any Ideas ?? (Money Back from paypal or Master Card doesn’t work - to long ago since the payment)

Greetings Ralph

“too long ago” my fucking buttcheeks

Does my money have an experstion date?

Fight for it! Be very respectful, yet persuasive. You can do this

Do you have a legal expense insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung)? If so, I would have a talk with them to see if the would cover your legal costs… :slight_smile: Sometimes a letter/email from a laywer can speed things up a little bit. (kann manchmal wunder wirken)

1 Like

The letter from a lawyer will do nothing. People have sent plenty of those and never get a response. I’ve started to come to accept that I have been scammed. It sucks but it’s apparently part of the world we’re in.

1 Like

Oh ok. Sometimes it helps (especially when dealing with pp) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it was one of my first options to look into. Legitimate businesses usually start to comply after the lawyer letter…not Marbel. There’s countless reddit posts of people just like us and all the things they have tried.

1 Like