Hi, Joined 6+ months ago and based in the UK, wanted to get started with a build straight away but been away in a country where getting anything would be way too expensive/annoying. Skateboarded a little when I was younger, but never longboarded!
I have a background in software, and I did electronics at school 5 years ago, we’ll see how useful those will be.
- Lush Freebyrd deck that was going cheap on ebay
- 80mm Orangatan Kegals
- Calibur II Trucks ( from Newtow’s Shred, really nice guys, I recommend if you’re in London/UK)
- Single 190kv 6364 motor (from Alien Power System)
- Mounting kit including 15/32T gears and 15mm belt (from Alien Power System)
- 2 x 5000mah 5S lipos in series (from Hobby King)
- VESC from scramboards I think
- remote hopefully from this group buy http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/37-nano-controller-2-4-ghz-eu-group-buy/7672
- other misc stuff from hobbyking/ebay like battery alarms, connectors etc
- I’ll worry about enclosures later
Future Upgrades may include Lithium ion cells and a BMS.
All I have is the board, trucks and wheels so far:
Will be trying to cruise around manually till the rest arrives!
This is my first build, so any advice is greatly appreciated.