Maytech 12s ESC NEW firmware to fix the brakes!

Whoooaaa how does that even happen

1 Like

I finally was able to upload this firmware to my ESCs, unfortunately they started acting weird. Iā€™m using nano remote and I think this may be whatā€™s causing this problem. So, when I fully break and then rapidly release throttle lever, ESCs for second recognize that as full throttle. After fiddling for many hours with throttle trim potentiometer (itā€™s almost completely turned to max counterclockwise position, ESCs take a while in this trim position to notice receiver and start), and setting neutral range to 3%, I donā€™t get this strange full-throttle-while-releasing-break action. Something like this has never happened with the old firmware.

1 Like

Hey @squad, This issue is 100% related to the winning/nano remote. I believe someone did a tutorial on how to fix this. The other solution is to get a hobbyking receiver and bind to it. The hobbyking receiver has worked for me.

Iā€™m amazed at all the camaraderie on this forum!

Check this procedure to fix the nano behavior http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2-4ghz-nano-remote-in-stock-30-pcs-usa-50-free-priority-shipping-international-45-shipping/5017/83?u=kaly

Thanks for reply, but I already did that few times, didnā€™t help. Iā€™ll probably try with another receiver.

Would this with with the 6s version?

Donā€™t think so

Noob question, does this ESC work on a 60kv-100kv range hub motor? Letā€™s say hummies or TBs hub motor? and how do you adjust the settings on a computer? Do they provide a program file or something and you hook them up with a usb?

Hello! I have this ESC HV 12s from Alienpowersystem.com. I have the same problem about the brake power. Do you think that your firmware is compatible with my esc? thanks for your help!

1 Like

@Mikeomania12 do you think itā€™s possible to flash my esc with your firmware? And If I want go back on my old firmware how can I do this? thanks a lot

nobody to help me?

Hey sorry for the late response. I cant be sure and dont want to be held responsible, But the software on the computer looks identical. I Think it should be ok since all of those are made by the same FVT. Also maybe contact FVT directly, they are pretty responsive they can answer if you donā€™t want to try it.

Hi! No problem. Itā€™s ok we can use your firmware on the Alien HV 120 ESC! itā€™s better beacuse the 160606 Alien firmware dont work, there is max brake always. Thanks for your help!

Where can I buy this esc? I am looking this esc up on their website but i cant find this one. Can you link me pls?

Hey man, What do you need to flash the firmware to the ESC. I have two that run the wrong firmware and have just been sitting here for a year.

@Factory72: You have to send an email to bruno, on the website Alienpowersystem and ask the ā€œESC HV 12s with fanā€, it is not on website directly. price approx 100euros

@monkey32: You need just the software Setup_HighVol_SCT120A_151014, you can find it here: http://alienpowersystem.com/downloads/ You connect your esc to your computer by the USB adaptater, power on the esc, you click ā€œupdateā€, you select this firmware : http://www.nyboards.com/HighVol120A_SkateBoare_161122_portCar150728_best.hgm DONE!

3 Likes

@Mikeomania12: Hi! The firmware itā€™s perfect but I feel that the maximum speed is clamped. And you? thanks