Maytech Remote Problems

i can’t get past the wire gauge on those phase leads. What are the power levels on that board?

1 Like

Thanks dude!!! Hope it works

Yeah it’s a vesc, but how much power can it safely be putting down…

No idea to be honest. Right now, trying ti diagnose my issue

Hey, so initially, the enclosure looked like this:

I was having “deadzone” issues where the remote would suddenly lag in high-traffic areas, but moving the receiver away from the capacitors helped the issue a bit. However, now, i am also experiencing the acceleration blips. Should i just get a new controlled?

try moving the receiver to an outer edge. Move the BT module over and put it next to that.

You never want the receiver anywhere near your phase leads or caps. That’s just asking for cutouts.

In that picture, the recuever was under the VESC, and still experiencing issues

probably too close to the PCB. You can’t mix receivers with high frequency switching devices.

Try moving it into one of those corner compartments off to the side ot the phase leads and make sure the antennae traces on the receiver are facing outward away from the innards of the box.

2 Likes

Receiver is too large

Hi could you please share the model or a picture ? THanks!

Of what?

(10 chars)

Sorry i lost track, I meant a picture of the remote+receiver, that you found reliable. Thanks

Did you figure it out?

To add to this. I have my maytech remote playing up in only certain areas. So bad down at the shorefront next to some portable wireless tower thing… that i actually had nothing within 30m of it.

I have moved my reciever to the outside of my box to try but its only made everything worse because now it seems to connect to everything i ride past.

Back in the box for a ride today. If i remember ill be back with more later. I reckon its gonna be better…

I had the exact same problem with my signal dropping out and I extended the wiring so I could place the receiver on the opposite end of board furthest away from the motors as positions and it has fixed my signal dropping out and I now have a constant solid connection to my board.

My Maytech dual trigger remote just broke yesterday. Acceleration trigger spring just snapped in two eliminating the “outward pressure” on the trigger. It went full throttle slamming me on my ass (lol) and luckily it basically spun in place (i happened to be on gravel) once I figured out what the problem was.