MBS DWII First Impression

Do you see the split on the front lip/edge of the deck at all? It could just be the paint but still very unnerving. I’d use a deck protector just to be safe.

Cheap on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G34J8TR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Vj7-CbCMGF56Z

Or @akhlut makes some sick nasty custom ones

2 Likes

At the beginning, I thought I was only the white WAREEN paint, but actually the crack extends to the lip of the top ply. You can see it on the photo.

2 Likes

Yeah I can barely see it if I zoom. I’d be concerned

The upper side still looks better than the bottom :joy:

IMG_6704

This deck is awesome! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Is the crack just surface or a full on split? also when you zoom in it looks like a new crack is starting on the left side both (possible left one could be a scratch) cracks are bang in centre line with the truck nuts… :thinking:

i hope its just a surface issue… ps nice build BTW

Forget the beat up deck… did a gopher get to your bindings? lol

@Nemesis The crack is only surface.

@Ixf These MBS heelstraps are quite fragile. I use them for about 9 months. It is the friction of tall grass that has worn them out. Some small pieces of wood projected too. Trampa heelstraps resist better.

1 Like

The good news is that those “stress cracks” are not structural. In other words there’s no way your board will fail in that area, or that they’ll affect performance in any way. The bad news is that they’re ugly and there’s not much you can do about them.

The inside scoop is that we moved some of the fiberglass layers around in the Pro 97 to get better performance (pop, strength, durability) but that left that top layer more susceptible to these little cosmetic cracks in the area of the truck holes. Unfortunately the white graphic makes little cracks like that really stand out.

1 Like

Not a big deal anayway, this deck is excellent, for an amazing price!

3 Likes

Why are people talking so bad about the MARTIX 2 PRO TRUCKS?¿?

I just ordered a pair of the new METAL Matrix 2 Pro trucks and people are talkin about speed wobbles and the new trucks don’t have springs anymore… Pls!!

They must not be the Matrix 2 Pro trucks that are 16 inches wide…

Springs provide great rebound (nice snappy feel) but that’s actually the reason they contribute to speed wobbles. The Matrix II system with shockblocks (no springs) is much less likely to speed wobble compared to a spring truck and the range of adjustment is greater (from soft/carvey to stiff/speedy). If someone is getting speed wobbles with a Matrix II truck they either need to tighten their shock blocks, or upgrade to a harder shockblock color.

7 Likes

@MBS

Hi Joel, been meaning to ask, I’ve seen a couple sets of blue shockblocks floating around online. Will these be available for purchase anytime soon? Got a couple lightweight riders that are having a hard time turning with the yellows. Thanks for the time, and apologies to OP if this is off topic.

Still just R&D. No scheduled release at this point. Demand noted though.

3 Likes

TY… For the Verification of them being very good trucks. Just more expensive @$100 per truck. I wish they were $100 for the set (Front and Rear).

1 Like