Mbs / superstar trampa hub sprocket Fresh cut fruit salad

@banjaxxed :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Nevermind my password is change

Thanks Andy

2 Likes

It will get more attention and therefore more chance of someone being able to help you.

And it gives a mood lift to those starting their day off

3 Likes

Hi Andy, what information do you have on sprocket geometery (teeth profile)? I have downloaded so many documents describing a sprocket profile but it seems like thereā€™s always a dimension missingā€¦ Iā€™m interested in chain drive with chain size: ISO 05B. I found ISO 06B a bit too bigā€¦ whatā€™s your view?

@spokie Iā€˜m running iso06b on my boards and i donā€™t think itā€™s too much. So far I havenā€™t designed any sprockets by my own, so unfortunately I canā€™t help you with that point.

But maybe just get the sprockets from here

https://www.gearsandsprockets.co.uk/

Or any other source which is more close to you and than just cnc out of that the parts you donā€™t need to make the sprockets more light.

I have a set of etoxx 06b sprockets and they really not heavy at all with all that cut outs.

2 Likes

Wow! Itā€™s beautifulā€¦ hahahaha! And that supplier is not expensive at all. My problem is sitting in the tip of Africa and getting stuff here is crapā€¦ things get lost here. Hahahaha!

2 Likes

I might be over there in the end of the year and could bring you some :joy: But guess you want to get that done more earlyā€¦

Yeah the supplier is really cheap thatā€™s why I linked it. But you canā€™t find something similar around you?

In a way I can, but the sprockets available are standard designs ans will need to be machined to fit the necessary changes required. Machining is dirty expensiveā€¦ They reason why I ask for geometry is because if I can design what I need Iā€™ll be able to lasercut the sprocketsā€¦ and that to me will be very cost effective. I donā€™t want to take over this thread but it would be cool to meet you when you visit SA.

1 Like

Ok understood that. Thought you have access to a cnc. Didnā€™t know itā€™s only a laser cutter. And I let you know when ever we decide to come over to SA for a small vacation. Maybe you really need something I than for sure can bring (as long as I can take it into the plane :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

It would cost under Ā£10 to ship large flat sprockets to SA

1 Like

very nice stuff but the unmachined one look heavy and i canā€™t find the weight on the website

also this use #35 chain?

Itā€™s not an unfinished one. Upper is etoxx, the down is from Unik. And yes there is a significant weight difference.

Iā€™m getting a fresh restock on chain drives in few weeks.

But FYI, Iā€™m going to slow down the UNiK activity, I just spend way too much time and personal money to fix internal issues which Iā€™m not responsible for and Iā€™m no more having fun to do so.

2 Likes

it been a month i waiting for thoses unik sprocket

i mean they are out of stock

yeah, thatā€™s because they are getting produced from blocks of steel.

sp

4 Likes

i try to found sprockets on the website you provided i will like to have 42 tooth or more

are you benjamin ? i send you email a fews time to asking you when they are back in stock