Meepo 12s2p upgrade issues

Great, all you need to do is just some soldering and you’ll have a full working board, remember to configure it with the vesc tool

Soldering? I dont own a soldering kit, is there some sort of crimp on connections i can buy?

You should just buy one and learn. It’s kinda 101 of board upkeep . You’ll eventually need to. Or you’ll have to find help every time somthing comes up that could take you minutes to fix yourself.

Also i wouldn’t trust crimp on Connectors with the vibrations our boards go through.

1 Like

Soldering is key in esk8, it’s pretty easy but you can get hurt real easily if your not cautious. I would recommend getting one off amazon, it’s like 20$. Also simply go on YouTube and you’ll find thousands of videos on how to solder. Good luck

Thanks guys, is there a good place to purchase the various connectors and soldering things i need? For example what will i need to get in order to connect my motors to the Vesc i ordered. I beliave the motor leads are #14 wires maaaybe #16 and the vesc likely comes with #12 motor wires. Also there are sensor wires coming off my motors, i didnt check this ahead of time but does the flipsky dual fsesc have a spot for those to land on? If so will i need diffrent connectros? Or will the meepo stock ones that are one there work ok. Thanks for all your help.

Your also going to need a anti spark switch i would recommend one from here http://sprusi.com/index.php

What exactly is an anti spark and what does it do?

The meepo esc has one built in but in short it is a high voltage switch that turns on and off your board.

Gotcha and if i dont have this i will have to disassemble my board everytime i want to turn it on and off… i see.

There are alternatives to an antisparks: loop keys, but I won’t tell you what that is. You’ll have to search for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ive seen these, just look like xt style connectors. I think this is what i will try to get. Easy available on amazon prime

1 Like

@Andy87 can explain that for sure… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The wiring is the cruicial part, and I’ll give you a hint, as I don’t want you to burn your house or board down… Don’t bother with the regular xt90 for the plug in bit of the loopkey. You’ll need the xt90s, Amass is a favorite manufacturer for legitimate ones.

3 Likes

What about this? Screenshot_20190317-145505_Amazon%20Shopping

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/search?expanded=true

1 Like

This is indeed an antispark.

Please use the search function like Mich provided. I’ve got unlimited time, but my poor young thumbs just can’t type all day…

Or can they :wink:

2 Likes

You guys are great! Thanks! I will use the search as much as i can.

1 Like

Also, if it’s not associated with @torqueboards / Dexter, and it has a DIYE / @diyeboard in the seller name, stay the fuck away :joy::joy:

Once upon a Time ago, a name named Jason Volan (if that’s his real name :roll_eyes:) was a giant piece of shit and leaked critical customer information into the public, as well as selling parts that fail as frequently as a trucker curses.

Stay away. stay smart.

1 Like

Sorry man :sob::sob::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

All good… :smile: :smile:

1 Like