Meepo Battery Upgrade FAT GUY

I’m sorry you have not reached peter griffins league.

2 Likes

‎‎

3 Likes

But why?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

How about treenutter’s 44 ?

Good suggestions. I guess it comes down to preference. Is there a wood I should be watching out for? I know the layer count should be high.

bamboo tends to allow flex, even if only 2 plys out of the 9 the board is made of. I think a solid 9ply maple or even a carbon fibre deck would be good for you

1 Like

Thanks so much guys, I am finding lots of options, going to have to pick. Let me ask this.

If I leave the BMS separate, would it be possible to leave the Y adapter connected but charge each battery separately? I only ask because I read somewhere that if you don’t get both charged correctly it can cause a fire. Also, I do not mind to charge separately if it is safer and possible. Just checking my options.

You absolutely do not want to do that. The exact problem that can cause a fire is –

connecting the packs together in parallel when their charges aren’t exactly matched

So, doing this more than one time only increases the risks. If you charge each pack with the same charger and let it sit on green for a bit (same amount of time) then they should be at the same charge level (check with multimeter). Then when you connect them together, after checking voltages match (within 0.15V if at full charge) do not unhook them again.

Also, don’t accidentally reverse positive and negative or it will be an instantaneous hot potato. Sounds silly, but double and triple check.

1 Like

Okay, Folks. I have gone out and ridden the board. COLOR ME IMPRESSED. I have taken it up LARGE hills and it powered through them, it did eat more battery, but it did it. Love the hub motors and it is also so smooth!!!

I want more range. So I need to get serious about this battery upgrade. I am still trying to find a deck.

Here is the deal - I know what I want to know. I want a deck that will allow me to turn decently so I am thinking 40-42 inches. Also, I am still unclear on the BMS. I know each battery has a cord coming out. I would assume the one that runs to the ESC I just tap directly into from the other/“main” battery?

Look I know I sound dumb, I am just new to all of this. I have read a ton, but I want to be sure before I destroy my board.

Also, any more deck recommendations are welcome. Drop through will not work as I want to use my current trucks.

I’m about 220lbs, look at the performance increase we got by swapping the ESC top get more speed https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/upgrade-cheap-hub-motor-board-with-focbox-unity-get-amazing-performance-boost/81013/40?u=onloop

2 Likes

Will this upgrade work for the meepo classic