Meepo /Chinese esc substitute without hubmotors

Are you in EU ? Cause @diyeboard is asking me 20 usd for this tiny switch that should have been included !! A shame !!

no, I am in china too. I will charge you 8us for the switch, included shipping. but if you will buy other things from me, then I can put it along in the parcel. that will only cause 2 us for the switch.

here are my ebay shops.

sorry, 20usd is for dhl freight, it is minimum freight we have to pay for dhl company. switch is free. our fault, we will send you a switch. don’t get me wrong that switch cost 20usd, it is for shipping charge.

2 Likes

Not at all (and rode it when 30+ C outside), even at full speed for 30min.

It works great!

1 Like

I am using one of these escs too. I just finished setting it up the other day. I am running it with 6s lipos and the chain drive kit from eBay. It runs really well. I hit 39km/h earlier when my batteries were nearly flat.

Here is my build thread:

hi,

I’m new to making electric longboards, and I was wondering for this ESC, a spark plug or loop key is required. Also, if it is required, how do I use the plug/key when I am charging the batteries and also when I want to ride?

Thank you

you do not need a loop key. The esc comes with a power switch. I would recommend using some anti spark protection the “usual way”, because you may get a spark.

Thanks for the reply.

What is the “usual way”? I was under the impression that loop keys basically serve the same purpose as anti spark switches? Sorry if this is completely nonsense… I have no experience with this topic.

Also, can you explain to me how to use the loop key and or anti spark switch when it comes to charging the batteries and also when I want to turn on the longboard for a ride? Is there a special sequence of operations especially because there’s a momentary switch on the ESC itself?

I also have another general question. If you have a BMS, does that mean you don’t need a balance charger? Does the BMS allow for you to balance charge the batteries without the need of a balance charger? If so, what happens if the BMS doesn’t have a overcharge protection? Do you have to manually check when the batteries are full and disconnect the power supply?

You do not need to use an anti spark switch, or a loop key. A loop key, is a shorted anti-spark xt90 plug, which completes a circuit to turn on. When I say use an anti spark the regular way, i do not mean and anti spark switch. I mean the anti spark plug a loop key is made off, but you do not use it as a loop key, instead you just wire it between the battery and esc. The anti spark i am refering to is this https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-s-anti-spark-connector-2pairs-bag.html.

Use the anti spark key like the picture i found on the internet, and connect the wires on one side to the battery, and the other to your esc. This is the way anti spark plugs were originally supposed to be used. Anti-spark switches are completely different. There is plenty of info on this in the forum, so please look around a bit more.

1 Like