Meepo esc to FOCBOX | blank double kick drop down | 90 mm hubs | Sanyo 20700b 10s2p | NOW 12s2p sanyo with torque drives (used to be speed drives)

What do you call the connectors on the meepo’s motors phase wires? Did you have to change them to connect to the focbox?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2096/3333/products/7_1800x1800.jpg?v=1520569102

Those are bullet connectors. No Focbox use the same size. I can’t be sure but anyhow Focbox comes with 3.5mm connector. Check for your motor, but should be the same.

How different is the riding experience with using the focboxes instead of the old esc?

If with old esc you mean the one in meepo or other Chinese boards. I had a Koowheel before switch to Vesc. The difference is that you can program it. So speed, torque and brakes are better. You will feel immediately that acceleration and brakes are way smoother. It really does a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah bullet connectors. They are 4mm on the motors and 3.5 on the focboxes.

You will need to solder some new ones on to connect them or make an adapter from 3.5 male to 4mm female.

Personally I would cut the bullets off of the focboxes and solder new ones on to fit whichever motor you are going to use. The soldering on them sucks. On one wire it broke already on mine.

2 Likes

Way better.

With the focboxes you set up your power needs as you please along the brake and throttle curve.

Power is also instant if you like. I have it set so that I get full power from the get go up until the top speed.

I recommend you do it and build your own battery too.

2 Likes

I have just built a fresh 12s2p Sanyo 20700b battery for these meepo motors.

No load speed from metr: image

No load speed from eSk8matics: image

2 Likes

I’m more interested in amp consumption on load. but it gives u decent speed tho!

1 Like

Nice! I was wondering about these motors with a 12s. I think some one eksw tried in the past but I am curious to know how they perform.

1 Like

Well I went for a short test ride and it is scary knowing that I am not fully recovered. Falling again on the same shoulder would not be good.

Here are the metr data:

12s2p

10s2p

2 Likes

be safe man, we dont need to lose another rider, and nice conversion. It’s funny how most people think you have to stick to stock hardware with pre-fabs… its like a sports car… u think the factory gives u ALL the bells and whistles lol… u always gotta go after market for more fun

1 Like

Nice. I will need to update to 12s I guess :grin:

1 Like

Hill climb was already pretty powerful with the 10s2p. Never actually measured the angle but I should have some footage of me going up a very steep part of a golf course.

I’ll see if I can find it and upload it to my youtube channel.

Do you notice heavy voltage sag with 12s2p? …from the metro data I see the voltage dropping of 5V during acceleration and high speed. Maybe a 3p would solve it.

Yes I notice it in the data. Not sure if more p would solve it but I will find out when I finish building a 12s6p. It wouldn’t be a good direct comparison though for I will use 30q cells for it instead of 20700b cells.

The p should definitely help since it increases the discharge current available so you will be able to drain more current from the battery without sagging hard.

1 Like

Here is the uphill footage.

4 Likes

My current 12s2p battery I built.

4 Likes

Nice Sanyo battery pack. I am using the same BMS. I had to remove the discharge connections to avoid braking failure when the battery is almost full charged.

1 Like

It is bypassed for discharged. Braking fail only happens when the battery maximum input voltage is reached.

1 Like